PDA

View Full Version : A video (mpeg, avi, etc) on a flat 3d surface

Elie Roche
10-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Does anyone know of a tutorial that lets me put a video (mpeg, avi, etc) on a flat 3d surface that I can then attach to a Null to rotate, spin, etc?

3DGFXStudios
10-01-2013, 11:07 AM
The best way to do that is to first convert your video to an image sequence. You could use .tga for that or any other format you like. Than just texture your flat model with the image sequence. You can switch a still image to a sequence in the image editor. But it sounds like your are trying to do something that could be done faster or even realtime in adobe aftereffects.

Areyos Alektor
10-06-2013, 03:55 PM
Say us more on what you want to do.

But I also think that it's better to use a images sequence rather than a video.

Here is a method :
1 / Selecting the desired object.
2 / Go to the "Surface Editor".
3 / For the desired surface open the "Texture Editor" for "Color".
4 / You let "Projection" = "Planar" (and you choose the correct axis) and for "Image" you choose "Load image", you'll indicate your images sequence.
5 / You create a Null object ("CTRL" + "N") and in the "Texture Editor" you selects it for "Object Reference".

Elie Roche
10-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied....and so quickly. This is exactly what I was asking about. The idea is to put a simple video on a flat plane and rotate it (0 - 10 degrees) as it moves around the screen with the video still facing the camera.