PDA

View Full Version : Lw9.6 v LW11.6 render

Kuzey
09-30-2013, 03:05 PM
Ok This is scaring the hell out of me!!!

Has nodes in LW11.6 been altered in some way, cause the surface I created in LW9.6 is not rendering the same in LW11.6 or 11.5??????

Just to make sure it wasn't Velvet or Deformer nodes from DPKit, I opened Layout in 32bit mode & scanned my plugins in the 9.6 folder, they loaded fine but the render result was the same...so could it be something else??

I have DP_Kit11.plugin(2.76) installed.

ps. I deleted my config files & had no effect.

pss..what is "input node" & can we delete it..grrrr!

psss..this is the Mac version :)

Tobian
09-30-2013, 03:39 PM
Surfaces have changed yes, though I am not sure what has caused the difference...

Just to go through the changes:

1) colour spaces mean surfaces can look different. What Colour space have you got set?
2) reflection blur works differently now, it's more realistic, but it means it will look different. usually it will blur a lot more for the same value, and will smear more on the glancing angle (correctly).

Input node is now the new equivalent to Spot, but appears by default in all node editors. Sadly no you can't delete it, but you can minimise it, if you don't need it.

Celshader
09-30-2013, 03:39 PM
Ok This is scaring the hell out of me!!!

Has nodes in LW11.6 been altered in some way, cause the surface I created in LW9.6 is not rendering the same in LW11.6 or 11.5??????

Just to make sure it wasn't Velvet or Deformer nodes from DPKit, I opened Layout in 32bit mode & scanned my plugins in the 9.6 folder, they loaded fine but the render result was the same...so could it be something else??

I have DP_Kit11.plugin(2.76) installed.

ps. I deleted my config files & had no effect.

pss..what is "input node" & can we delete it..grrrr!

psss..this is the Mac version :)

Greetings. I have a question. Does this asset use Reflection Blur?

Regarding the Input Node...it looks like a node, but it is part of the Node Editor in 11.6.

Kuzey
09-30-2013, 03:50 PM
Thanks Tobian,

1/ it's the default linear setting
2/ Mmmm..ok I'll have to play around a bit and see what happens..but it shouldn't have been that drastic..kinda looks like reflection was turned off.

It's just my other surfaces worked fine until I tested that one..freaked me out.

Kuzey
09-30-2013, 03:55 PM
Greetings. I have a question. Does this asset use Reflection Blur?

Regarding the Input Node...it looks like a node, but it is part of the Node Editor in 11.6.

Yes I had an incidence node plugged into Reflection Blur (range 180 & inverted)

Kuzey
09-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Ok...thanks guys, I'm starting to get results now.

That would mean two sets of leather nodes...one for LW9.6 & one for LW11.6

Tobian
09-30-2013, 05:04 PM
IMHO You probably should have one set up for 10/11 as they have colour spaces, and you should be using the sRGB colour space, for greater accuracy/realism.

Kuzey
10-01-2013, 02:22 AM
IMHO You probably should have one set up for 10/11 as they have colour spaces, and you should be using the sRGB colour space, for greater accuracy/realism.

Boy that's quite a difference..I think I'll need to delay the release of the leather surfaces & get comfortable with this sRGB world first.

Thanks for all the help :thumbsup: