PDA

View Full Version : Help with UV's

circleofsmoke
09-30-2013, 11:59 AM
Can anyone clear up something for me re UV's - its pretty simple I guess but not that experienced with them.

I have a logo I wish to appear on each side of a box - I thought if I chose atlas as a projection I could scale the panels to the full width of the UV plane and sit them on top of each other and they would all show the same logo which they do except that two of the panels show the logo backwards - is there any way round this or do I have to make a separate map for each orientation?

I thought I could flip the offending panels but this doesnt seem to affect anything and I cant see any other way of transforming them

Thanks

John

circleofsmoke
09-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Aahh it was the unweld points tool - RTFM

circleofsmoke
09-30-2013, 02:30 PM
This seems like a pretty obscure technique - surely orientation of any mapped images should respect direction of the normal? not to mention braking up shapes only to re weld them back together . . . or is it the same the world over?

lertola2
09-30-2013, 07:12 PM
Atlas mapping should not flip polygons in the uv map so I don't know why that happened. If it is just a 6 sided box then the quad normal uv command should work without you having to reposition and scale the polygons in the uv map.

Areyos Alektor
10-06-2013, 05:40 PM
It should not be a problem. Can you post an example ?