PDA

View Full Version : Scale many objects in Layout with falloff

raw-m
09-30-2013, 06:30 AM
I've got an object that pulses made up of loads of manually placed objects. I need them to all scale evenly from the same centre point, but with falloff - so the centre scales more the the object around the edges.

I've been playing with DP Kit's Scale node but can't get the objects to scale from the a common centre point and I'm a bit of at a loss how to integrate the falloff part!

Can someone point me in the right direction?

RebelHill
09-30-2013, 07:14 AM
simples... before teh scale vector goes to the input, just multiply it by distance to world 0,0,0 for each item.

raw-m
09-30-2013, 07:49 AM
Dam, it is simple! Also finding saving all objects to a single lwo helps, eliminates a lot if copy/pasting! Leave it to DP Kit to do the heavy lifting. Cheers RH!

Sensei
09-30-2013, 12:05 PM
There is also TrueArt's Align Items, Align Positions, Align Rotations and Align Scale.. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MCLYvDlNS0

Here it's used for 100+ items at once:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55FbTEh5ryg

jeric_synergy
09-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Dam, it is simple! Also finding saving all objects to a single lwo helps, eliminates a lot if copy/pasting! Leave it to DP Kit to do the heavy lifting. Cheers RH!

raw-m, could you please post a screenie of the network?

raw-m
09-30-2013, 02:28 PM
Haha, I was afraid someone might asked that!

It's fairly simple with the original setup, didn't quite pull it off compacting the object to one and using Part Move. I fudged it in the end (deadlines) and used a gradient with input set to X distance and a key at -.5. (alpha at 20%), 0 (alpha at 100%) and .5 (alpha at 20%) and added that to the Scale. It worked for my needs here but I'm sure there's a more efficient setup - it's one to research when the project is done. I'll post a screengrab when I get to work tomorrow.

jeric_synergy
09-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Thanks man, looking forward to it. :thumbsup: