PDA

View Full Version : Multiple instances of FFX on an object still hosed in build 2714

Spinland
09-28-2013, 08:11 AM
Ver 11.6 Build 2714 (Mac64) 24-Sep-2013

Steps to re-create the issue:

1. Create a ball in modeler. Assign two different surfaces to that ball. Send to Layout.

2. In Layout activate a FFX instance and assign it to one of the surfaces of the ball.

3. Clone that FFX instance, and then assign it to the other surface on the ball. Change the parameters somewhat, and do a test render to make sure you have two different FFX instances active.

4. Save the scene, and close Lightwave.

5. Re-open the scene, and go to the FFX tab.

You should now see that the two FFX instances you created have become four, each of them duplicated. If you uncheck one, its duplicate is also unchecked. If you try to deactivate any instance Layout will crash.

Fogbugz Case 65973.

Spinland
09-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Received email notification this issue is in the hands of the developers.

jwiede
09-29-2013, 10:25 PM
Received email notification this issue is in the hands of the developers.

I could swear you'd already received notification of it being put in devs' hands once already, no?

Dodgy
09-29-2013, 11:07 PM
I'm glad you managed to find a repeatable step for this, I wasn't sure how to reproduce this reliably, hopefully it'll get fixed now.

Spinland
09-30-2013, 06:46 AM
I could swear you'd already received notification of it being put in devs' hands once already, no?

To be honest, they emailed me a while back that it had been corrected in an internal build and they closed the old case number. Apparently they were mistaken; it's possible I wasn't clear enough last time about how to reproduce it.

Spinland
09-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Just received this email:

This bug has been fixed by the developer. You should not see this issue in the next available build.

Thank you for your report.
--
Area51 Tech Support
[email protected]