PDA

View Full Version : Build 2714 change Log?

m.d.
09-25-2013, 11:06 PM
Just got the email and downloaded the update...

No change log in site anywhere...

Just wondering on the updates

alexs3d
09-26-2013, 12:30 AM
jup, some info about changes would be nice ???

Skonk
09-26-2013, 01:55 AM
Without a change log the release is utterly pointless.

MarcusM
09-26-2013, 02:16 AM
4Mb difference in zip file 20130722/20130925 ;p

50one
09-26-2013, 02:26 AM
Without a change log the release is utterly pointless.

Kinda agree with you. Not sure if the whole point of this Pre-releases is to have a long bug-squashing session? Cause now it's starting to look like an Open - Beta cycle.

lardbros
09-26-2013, 02:45 AM
A bit difficult to squash bugs when we don't know what they're messing with or fixing!!

50one
09-26-2013, 03:04 AM
A bit difficult to squash bugs when we don't know what they're messing with or fixing!!

hah, you're right.

Obviously I'm not complaining, having additinnal builds is great, but C'mon LW3DG give us some changelog or at least some rationale behind what's going on and why so many pre-release builds??

Waves of light
09-26-2013, 03:41 AM
It would be nice to know what's changed. If it's something major and/or additional functionality, then it's worth the painstaking rebuild of configs, plugins, menus and mouse button menus. If not, I don't have the time right now.

djwaterman
09-26-2013, 04:03 AM
I never get these elusive emails. If it wasn't for the forum I'd be in the dark.

Waves of light
09-26-2013, 04:09 AM
I never get these elusive emails. If it wasn't for the forum I'd be in the dark.

Which is weird, as you're a major user. I take it the email that is in your user account on Lightwave3D.com is correct. No prefix spaces or trailing spaces, odd characters that can mess up email databases. Take it it doesn't go to your spam folder?

Sorry if this seems a bit 'teach your grandmother to suck eggs' assistance, but you never know.

EDIT:
Here's the email content, should you need it:
https://www.lightwave3d.com/static/marketing/mailers/09252013/lw_116_update/index.html?utm_source=mailer_09252013&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=lw_11-6_update

MarcusM
09-26-2013, 04:17 AM

I also not receiving emails from NT. Maybe it's problem in my company email box and server provider...

50one
09-26-2013, 05:07 AM

Same boat. gmail, checked spam folder and nothing there too, any news LW related comes from the forums...

steve0077
09-26-2013, 06:10 AM
There's a note in the content download.

50one
09-26-2013, 06:30 AM
There's a note in the content download.

Well yeah, but it's nothing app related, just the scenes included...

short223
09-26-2013, 06:32 AM
Newly Added on September 25, 2013:

Scenes\SplineControl\01_Learning
14_SplineFit_LinearDistance_vs_SplineDistance.lws
15_SplineFit_FitToSpline.lws
16_SplineInstancing.lws
17_SplineFit_FitToSplineCompression.lws

Scenes\SplineControl\02_Examples
BicycleChain_FitToSpline.lws
CameraRigFollowsSplineControlTrack.lws
Escalator_FitToSpline.lws
Escalator_SplineDistance.lws
TreadSolution_FitToSpline.lws
HoseSolution.lws
RopeSolutionSimple.lws

Objects\Props
2m_Hose.lwo
2m_Rope.lwo

Objects\SplineControl\01_Learning
Axis.lwo

Modified the Following:

Scenes\Raycast\02_Examples\Raycast_Instancing
Raycast_InstancedPinArray.lws

Added on August 18, 2013:

Scenes\02_Examples\Raycast\Raycast_Deformation
Raycast_ObjectThruTube.lws

Scenes\SplineControl\01_Learning\
00_HowToTurnOnSplineControl.lws
12_BonesAndJointsCanBeUsedAsNodes.lws
13_BoneAndJointNodesCanReduceSceneClutter.lws

Scenes\SplineControl\02_Examples
DinoShark_Animation.lws by Lino Grandi
DinoShark_Animation_JointNodes.lws

Modified the Following:
Scenes\SplineControl\01_Learning\
06_Open_vs_Closed_Splines.lws

Moved the Following:
Scenes\Raycast to sorted folders in:
Scenes\02_Examples\Raycast

Changed "Raycast_Instancing.lws" filename to "Raycast_InstancedPinArray.lws"

Mastoy
09-26-2013, 07:55 AM
Julienne2 is still broken here :
Divide a box in X axis -> does nothing
Then try in the Z or Y axis -> crashes modeler

Can anyone confirm ?

alexs3d
09-26-2013, 08:07 AM
yup, can confirm.

MarcusM
09-26-2013, 08:08 AM
I have situation during load object in Modeler 10.1-11.5 saved from 11.6, is missing "NodeHandler" ;]

Waves of light
09-26-2013, 08:49 AM
MarcusM - I think that's to do with the 'input' node that is now default in 11.6... so pre 11.6 can't find it.

JamesCurtis
09-26-2013, 09:01 AM
MarcusM - I think that's to do with the 'input' node that is now default in 11.6... so pre 11.6 can't find it.

Should be a way to get around the problem though.

Waves of light
09-26-2013, 09:20 AM
Should be a way to get around the problem though.

Not at the PC at the moment,but from memory I think you can just click ok and the scene will load.

keta
09-26-2013, 12:34 PM
Hi,
I am also having an issue with Subdivision going all wonky after I do an extrude! Anybody else?

Sorry, take that back!!

calilifestyle
09-26-2013, 12:40 PM
No sure if i'm doing something wrong but that crash report never seems to connect with the smtp.

IgorPosavec
09-26-2013, 12:49 PM
Shift+S did in the past incremental saving, now this key combination does nothing.
Also clicking Shift+N simply without asking erased my scene with new empty one. In the past, when trying to create a Null Object and clicking by coincidence to this shortcut, i got always warned if i want to close the scene.
(ok, a small things but obscure)

Also setup of network rendering for this build took me 4 hours today due to some stubborn refusals for LW to accept the config files as usual (i managed it at the end, never had so much problems getting network to work)

PixelDust
09-26-2013, 01:02 PM
No sure if i'm doing something wrong but that crash report never seems to connect with the smtp.

You're not the only one - I have never gotten the crash report to work, even though I'm sure I've got the settings right and my password entered.

prometheus
09-26-2013, 07:03 PM
Yeah I downloaded the update yesterday, was looking for some update change log, but none.
I have to say that I Kind of feel that it is a little sloppy of the , or the ones responsible for it.. not to make a change log note and provide
it for us.

If there is some special reason for them not to do so, I would encourage the team to please inform us on why that is? and I might understand and respect that.
As it is now, I do not have the urge to install it..and it will stay unpacked until I have browsed the forums here from time to time, checking what works and what doesnt.

Michael

allabulle
09-26-2013, 07:27 PM
I'm not installing it either. Maybe they'll post the change log at a later time.

I find that not knowing what's supposed to work or not, or what changed from previous versions, I wouldn't use it for production (I can't be cautious if I don't know what to be aware of); also I don't know what to test if I don't know the aim of the testing. So I don't quite get the point of the release without the change log (or some sort of indication of what's going on). Maybe I'm missing something, but I feel a bit puzzled.

Snosrap
09-26-2013, 07:56 PM
BandsawPro is totally hosed! It jitters and shakes and is just a mess. Can someone please confirm?

GoatDude
09-26-2013, 08:50 PM
Tried BSP on simple geometry. Seems to work OK

Snosrap
09-26-2013, 09:34 PM
This is how BandSawPro is whacked. Notice the slice goes wonky and reverse does not do anything. Link here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihNLMFIg2L8&feature=youtu.be

calilifestyle
09-26-2013, 10:59 PM

Yes this something i ran across yesterday . I would say missing would you like to find. I would hit yes but it hit no and it would crash. over and over. I would cancel it would load, no crash.

pinkmouse
09-27-2013, 02:37 AM
I've just stuck with 2706 for now. Though it has its flaws, the newer builds seem to have just as many, so I don't see the point in all the bother of reinstalling until a stable release comes along. However if there was a change log so we could see the state of play I would be more interested in contributing to this beta testing cycle. Feedback is a two way process.

jwiede
09-27-2013, 02:52 AM
Yeah I downloaded the update yesterday, was looking for some update change log, but none.
I have to say that I Kind of feel that it is a little sloppy of the , or the ones responsible for it.. not to make a change log note and provide
it for us.

Agree 100%. There's just no legitimate excuse for not providing notes about bug fixes, known issues, etc. with every single release beta or otherwise, IMO, even software teams a LOT smaller than LW3DG do so 100% reliably for their products. Such things were never Newtek's forte in the first place, but this is a new low, giving the current releases a distinctly unprofessional feel.

motivalex
09-27-2013, 04:22 AM
You would have thought that they would have acted on the complaints last time of no change log. It would be useful to see the new additions and fixes listed. I do appreciate the new builds though and have installed it.

alexs3d
09-27-2013, 04:30 AM
You would have thought that they would have acted on the complaints last time of no change log.

i thought the same...seems they didnīt learn :)

Waves of light
09-27-2013, 05:40 AM
The main reason I would like a change log is so that I know if there are any new functions and where they have been added into the menus. Due to my prefered setup, you simply cannot save out configs and menus from 11.6 (or 11.5 previously) and import them into the newer version, because if there are any new features, menus or menu entries, the older configs remove them.

Now, maybe I'm doing this wrong, but I'll run you through how I have LW setup and how I have to hack the configs each time I do a new install.

I have one additional tab which contains all my most used plugins, using Export Branch to save this out for later (see attached).
I have all my most used functions setup on CTRL+SHIFT RMB, MMB and LMB (see attached pic). The Major issue here is that for some unknown reason you can only import a menu branch for the Left/Right/Middle Mouse Button Menus, but you don't have the ability to 'export' them, which sort of makes the import part redundant.
I have LWCAD branches added at the end of my menu tabs
I have 'X' mapped to deselect instead of '/'
I have my numeric keypad numbers set to different viewports
1-Perspective Wireframe
2-Perspective Texture
3-Perspective Wireframe Texture
4-Wireframe LEFT
5-Wireframe BACK
6-Wireframe RIGHT
7-UV
8-Wireframe TOP
9-Perspective Weight Shade

So, knowing that I can't just use the export and import preferences routine from the 'Edit' menu, I have to do the following:

Backup configs
Install new version
Open Layout and point it to content and plugins (on external network drive)
Import Branches for Plugins tab and LWCAD tabs
Change / to X in keyboard shortcuts
Manually resave all viewports for 1-9 on numeric keyboard (Note: I have tried to do this by hacking the configs, but it has never worked)
Exit LW
Make sure Hub has closed
Backup configs
Open OLD config file LWM11-64.cfg and copy from line that reads MenuEntry 65539 "Left Mouse Button Menu" _ to bottom of file
Open NEW config file and paste from MenuEntry 65539....
Save file
Open new Modeler.exe and check all plugins and mouse button menus work
Backup configs

Any insights into doing this quicker are greatly appreciated. But you can see how I'm reluctant to do this, when I don't know what's been changed.

inkpen3d
09-27-2013, 11:50 AM
Okay people, I've reported this as a documentation issue on FogBugz: https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.asp?pg=pgPublicView&sTicket=65947_oroiu3f3

Maybe they'll sit up and take notice now! :D

Or not! :bangwall:

Regards,
Peter

jwiede
09-27-2013, 11:58 AM
Okay people, I've reported this as a documentation issue on FogBugz: https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.asp?pg=pgPublicView&sTicket=65947_oroiu3f3

Maybe they'll sit up and take notice now! :D

Or not! :bangwall:

Might want to keep your forehead pad handy. :devil:

jeric_synergy
09-27-2013, 12:06 PM
The "/ becomes X" isn't saved in the Keyboard configs???

allabulle
09-27-2013, 12:34 PM
There's just no legitimate excuse for not providing notes about bug fixes, known issues, etc. with every single release beta or otherwise (...)

Well, I don't know if they actually need any excuse. I would certainly prefer if they did provide some documentation with every build but if they don't feel like it I'm still glad they release builds for us to toy a bit. I'm most likely not installing the new build this time around, yet I'm happy others can use it and test the thing.

But yes, it's a pity they don't document well every beta release. And I agree with you that professionally it's quite preferable to do so on many levels. I don't know why they don't so I won't be particularly angry about that, though. :)

PS: The efforts put on the new general documentation and manual are showing and I'm confident it's only going to get better. It's the change log and known issues in-between major releases that I miss.

Snosrap
09-27-2013, 12:44 PM
For me the issue is - they fix one thing and another gets broke between builds. ARGH! What are they doing that BandSawPro gets broke? Actually why is anything in Modeler getting broke - they aren't doing anything to it - are they?

jeric_synergy
09-27-2013, 01:13 PM
For me the issue is - they fix one thing and another gets broke between builds.
I hear that they have a rogue programmer who just does random stuff, like changing keyframe interpolations in Gradients. The only way anybody knows is when a beta tester discovers it.

Effed up.

inkpen3d
09-28-2013, 05:34 AM
Got a response last night from Deuce Bennett in the dev team: "Apologies -- it's being prepped for release now. Should be in your account before the day is over."

So looks like the FogBugz ploy worked! ;)

Regards,
Peter

allabulle
09-28-2013, 05:51 AM
Nice!

Kuzey
09-28-2013, 07:27 AM
I guess they forgot to add the Mac specific stuff...at least it's a start :)

I think I'll wait for the next build (currently on 11.6 Build 2706 )

motivalex
09-28-2013, 04:59 PM
Cool. The change log is now available for download. They have been working hard. :)

calilifestyle
09-28-2013, 07:42 PM
117363I just started getting this warring anyone know how to stop or fix the problem. All i know is my new rigs aren't working once set up is done

jeric_synergy
09-28-2013, 08:10 PM
Cool. The change log is now available for download. They have been working hard. :)
Hattip to LW3DG: we tend to forget to thank them for hitting their marks.

funk
09-29-2013, 01:41 AM
The image viewer doesnt seem to minimize properly for me anymore

1. Open layout and hit f9
2. press continue on the render window, then minimize the image viewer
3. Drag the minimized image viewer to the middle of the screen... the image still pops out of the window

Anyone else seeing this?

Sanchon
09-29-2013, 04:45 AM
Instancer now support multiselection and every parameter can be changed globally for many instances at once without the need of copy-paste settings. Wireframe colors now works perfectly.
Individual GI settings per object doesn't cause crash now.

JBT27
09-29-2013, 07:33 AM
BandsawPro is totally hosed! It jitters and shakes and is just a mess. Can someone please confirm?

Yep - bust here, as per your video - I'll fog that one too. Saw it last night when trying to slice an object - unusable.

Julian.

JBT27
09-29-2013, 07:37 AM
For me the issue is - they fix one thing and another gets broke between builds. ARGH! What are they doing that BandSawPro gets broke? Actually why is anything in Modeler getting broke - they aren't doing anything to it - are they?

Wondered this myself - this is the second time I've been burned using 11.6 - yes, yes, it's pre-release/beta, I get that. Though the click a curve and watch it crash bug has gone away, only to be replaced by the BandSawPro mess. I think I'll switch back again - got work to do.

Julian.

Nicolas Jordan
09-29-2013, 09:34 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has run into this yet but I was only playing around with the latest prerelease of 11.6 and ran into this within a few minutes. To test this add a geometry plane and cube or other object to your scene. Add a Area Light or a Spot Light and then try rotating the light. The direction of the shadows being cast onto the plane from the object does not follow the rotation of the light but the illumination from the light seems to follow. This shows up in either VPR or F9 render. Could be known issue because of some changes in progress.

Can anyone else test this to verify?

Snosrap
09-29-2013, 09:37 AM

3. Drag the minimized image viewer to the middle of the screen... the image still pops out of the window

Anyone else seeing this? Yes - confirmed.

Snosrap
09-29-2013, 09:47 AM

Wondered this myself - this is the second time I've been burned using 11.6 - yes, yes, it's pre-release/beta, I get that. Though the click a curve and watch it crash bug has gone away, only to be replaced by the BandSawPro mess. I think I'll switch back again - got work to do.

Julian. After reading through the change list last night I need to retract my ARGH. :) It looks like they are actively working on some minor optimization tweaks in Modeler based on the these remarks and fixed cases : 1. Some Modeler operations accelerated by replacing some counters with functions to check for existence of verts/pols/edges. 2. Fixed Modeler Booleans which got broken due to previous speed optimizations.
Anything to speed up and optimize modeler is welcome indeed.

Creativetone
09-29-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has run into this yet but I was only playing around with the latest prerelease of 11.6 and ran into this within a few minutes. To test this add a geometry plane and cube or other object to your scene. Add a Area Light or a Spot Light and then try rotating the light. The direction of the shadows being cast onto the plane from the object does not follow the rotation of the light but the illumination from the light seems to follow. This shows up in either VPR or F9 render. Could be known issue because of some changes in progress.

Confirmed! :(

zardoz
09-29-2013, 10:02 AM

yep, checked. man that's a nasty bug!

Sanchon
09-29-2013, 10:03 AM
To test this add a geometry plane and cube or other object to your scene. Add a Area Light or a Spot Light and then try rotating the light. The direction of the shadows being cast onto the plane from the object does not follow the rotation of the light but the illumination from the light seems to follow.

Area light is not a directional light. It's a panel. Put area light just above the ball ( but move it a little within any horizontal axis ), rotate the light and observe changes of the shadow.

Nicolas Jordan
09-29-2013, 10:17 AM
Confirmed! :(

yep, checked. man that's a nasty bug!

Thanks for confirming. I will send in a bug report.

Area light is not a directional light. It's a panel. Put area light just above the ball ( but move it a little within any horizontal axis ), rotate the light and observe changes of the shadow.

There are no changes in the shadow to observe when rotating the light in 11.6 here. An area light or spot light should cast shadows in the same direction the light is rotated.

jwiede
09-29-2013, 10:59 AM

Yep, much appreciated, thanks LW3DG!

Sanchon
09-29-2013, 12:00 PM
There are no changes in the shadow to observe when rotating the light in 11.6 here. An area light or spot light should cast shadows in the same direction the light is rotated.

Working fine, exactly like in previous LW 11.6 builds : 117370

Behavior of the lights is the same as in DP Light package if you compare to area or spotlight.

funk
09-29-2013, 12:23 PM

I can confirm this BUT... it seems to have always worked this way. I tested in 11.5 and 10.1

I even tried this in modo and it actually works the same way.

funk
09-29-2013, 12:27 PM
Yes - confirmed.

I bug reported it and they couldnt reproduce it

Sanchon
09-29-2013, 12:57 PM
I can confirm this BUT... it seems to have always worked this way. I tested in 11.5 and 10.1

I even tried this in modo and it actually works the same way.

Because area light is not directional like distant light and it is physically accurate. Rotating a flat panel of light doesn't change the direction of photons. The light must be physically moved to another position...

jeric_synergy
09-29-2013, 01:01 PM
I like that the dev team is aware enough to keep the PRE-RELEASE label on the software, that's good and shows a firm grasp of reality! (sincerely!)

Keep fogging those bugz guys and girls! It's the main way they learn of them.

Nicolas Jordan
09-29-2013, 03:02 PM
Working fine, exactly like in previous LW 11.6 builds : 117370

Behavior of the lights is the same as in DP Light package if you compare to area or spotlight.

I tested it in 10.1 and it does appear to have the exact same behavior like you have said. I have been using Lightwave for over 10 years and did not realize that these lights have always worked this way. The illumination can point in 1 direction while the shadow can point in a different direction. Looks like you are correct and I learned something new about Lightwave that I haven't noticed before. :foreheads:D

Snosrap
09-29-2013, 04:25 PM

Anyone else seeing this?

Yes - confirmed.

I bug reported it and they couldnt reproduce it

I thought it might be a graphic driver issue so I downloaded and installed the latest nVidia drivers and the issue still persists. It's not a deal breaker I suppose.

Waves of light
09-30-2013, 03:05 AM
Thanks for the change log NT :thumbsup:

Going through it now, plus the other bugs/points above, before deciding whether or not to spend time installing and setting up the new version.

MarcusM
10-01-2013, 07:24 AM
Rounder tool is still buggy... from one corner make not 3 but 9 polygons! Ver 11.6 Build 2714 (Win64) 24-Sep-2013
Merge points don't delete extra polygons. Waste of time during low poly modeling and UV maping... irate.

Snosrap
10-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Did anyone notice that when copying and pasting surface attributes from one surface to another it won't paste the Shader Tab if the BRDF shader is selected? Could some one please confirm? Thanks.

funk
10-09-2013, 01:05 AM
Did anyone notice that when copying and pasting surface attributes from one surface to another it won't paste the Shader Tab if the BRDF shader is selected? Could some one please confirm? Thanks.

Confirmed

Snosrap
10-15-2013, 10:40 PM
Modeler is really messed up in build 2714. Add Edges is just wonky with SubD objects. It adds polys and deletes polys. Crazy. I'll make a screen capture tomorrow.

jwiede
10-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Modeler is really messed up in build 2714.

That pretty much sums it up, IMO. Whatever's being worked on under the covers, it'd be spiffy if LW3DG could please tell us when they think Modeler should again be "usefully stable"?

MarcusM
10-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Rounder tool is still buggy... from one corner make not 3 but 9 polygons! Ver 11.6 Build 2714 (Win64) 24-Sep-2013
Merge points don't delete extra polygons. Waste of time during low poly modeling and UV maping... irate.

Update: I received information that rounder tool has been fixed.

Snosrap
10-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Modeler is really messed up in build 2714. Add Edges is just wonky with SubD objects. It adds polys and deletes polys. Crazy. I'll make a screen capture tomorrow.

Here is what I'm talking about.

jeric_synergy
10-16-2013, 08:20 PM
man, i hope the next build comes thru soon.

Waves of light
10-18-2013, 03:07 AM
It'll be interesting to see if the new release (available now in your accounts section) will address all these issues.

geo_n
10-18-2013, 04:15 AM
Bug fixes for fiberfx. That's cool! Downloading.

allabulle
10-18-2013, 04:31 AM
Quite a lot of bug fixing again! Nice.

Waves of light
10-18-2013, 05:19 AM
Goodness me... the devs have been busy! A lot of bug fixes in this build. Kudos.

EDIT: Anyone notice a speed increase in OpenGL? I'm moving around a 500k+ model and it seems to be quicker.

geo_n
10-19-2013, 01:01 AM
gpu_render.dll is that new?

jwiede
10-19-2013, 02:40 AM
I'm a little surprised there isn't some kind of announcement here that a new release was even available. If I hadn't read the post in this thread by someone else who discovered it, I'd have had no idea there was an update released. Also a bit odd that LW3DG isn't creating a "Discuss 2717" thread, no?

Kuzey
10-19-2013, 03:10 AM
Still no mention of Mac specific bugs..like menus shortcuts, mouse scrolling doesn't work in panels (surface, menu layout etc.), searching for files using the Mac system search box(whatever you call that) on the import/outport panels doesn't work etc. this was Build 2706.

There's more but you get the picture...and they say it's going gold in a few weeks.

So LWGroup..any news on the Mac side of things?

OnlineRender
10-19-2013, 03:23 AM
I'm a little surprised there isn't some kind of announcement here that a new release was even available. If I hadn't read the post in this thread by someone else who discovered it, I'd have had no idea there was an update released. Also a bit odd that LW3DG isn't creating a "Discuss 2717" thread, no?

I got an email ... so good enough for me.

perhaps in the Beta forum maybe they are talking about it ...

Kuzey
10-19-2013, 07:59 AM
Ok..so I downloaded 11.6 Build 2717 & those bugs are still there..grrrr!

I hope they don't go gold without fixing them..unless they plan on doing an 11.6.5 update?

Waves of light
10-19-2013, 08:13 AM
Ok..so I downloaded 11.6 Build 2717 & those bugs are still there..grrrr!

I hope they don't go gold without fixing them..unless they plan on doing an 11.6.5 update?

Kuzey, did you uninstall the previous build first? I had some issues with PCode errors appearing, but after I totally removed 11.6 and reinstalled 11.6 2717, they disappeared.

Kuzey
10-19-2013, 08:28 AM
Kuzey, did you uninstall the previous build first? I had some issues with PCode errors appearing, but after I totally removed 11.6 and reinstalled 11.6 2717, they disappeared.

I just renamed the LightWave3D11.6 folder to LightWave3D11.6_old and installed a new copy..so there wasn't any overwriting of files etc.. I then copied my surfaces presets, plugins & .cfg flies over...but I don't think .cfg files would corrupt the mouse or the Mac OS X searchfield.

There seems to be a major bug related to a 2 button mouse + scroll wheel on a Mac...the scroll wheel doesn't work in any panel that has lists of items.

I think I'll make a video demonstrating the bugs via LW9.6 v LW11.6 :)

Kuzey
10-19-2013, 08:59 AM
I just made 11.6 Build 2717 crash using the scroll wheel..woot..woot :)

Captured it on video as well...I'll upload it later.

This is Major Tom to ground control...is there anybody out thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

But seriously..these a MAJOR BUGS that I hope gets fixed before they go gold.

Kuzey
10-19-2013, 12:20 PM
Here they are (http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?138265-Build-2717-GUI-Major-Bugs-%28fix-them%29&p=1349849)...lets fix them LWG...Go..goo..GOOOO :P

jwiede
10-20-2013, 04:28 AM
Here they are (http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?138265-Build-2717-GUI-Major-Bugs-%28fix-them%29&p=1349849)...lets fix them LWG...Go..goo..GOOOO :P

Yep, really hope those get fixed by release!

Kuzey
10-20-2013, 04:37 AM
Yep, really hope those get fixed by release!

LWG sent out an email saying it was weeks before the release of 11.6 & those other new apps..scared the hell out of me!

Kuzey
10-20-2013, 04:52 AM
There's also another bug I just came across...not sure if it's reproducible.

If you delete part of a mesh & rebuild it by starting with a primitive (Disc) and then extend..split etc. Reposition it with heatshrink & then bridge it to the main mesh again..every time you change surface for that part of the object...the polygons get flipped..crazy stuff!

BigHache
10-20-2013, 09:13 AM
Question: UV Interpolation -> Subpatch

When I select this my UV map view disappears and instead shows me a view of the model itself, which needless to say is unhelpful. Is this a bug or is this intended? If it's intended, can it not be?

Snosrap
10-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Question: UV Interpolation -> Subpatch

When I select this my UV map view disappears and instead shows me a view of the model itself, which needless to say is unhelpful. Is this a bug or is this intended? If it's intended, can it not be?

Seems to be okay for me.