PDA

View Full Version : Sometime it's those little things to be grateful for - like this. :)

Snosrap
09-25-2013, 10:19 PM
The new build of 11.6 (2714) has a minor but much appreciated improvement in the image viewer. - Thanks NT! 2000% - that could be helpful.

prometheus
09-26-2013, 07:12 PM
yeah...that is true, one thing I would like to see a little easier implemented in the viewer, itīs sort of there...but you have to configure it by checking background and foregroun image, then you can slide wipe between
last and previous render so it reveals itself behind the other, and thus you can compare the two last renders against eachother with a slide wipe.
This is what poser can do too, but you just have to draw a slider which is there from scratch, something like that I would like to.

Michael

Snosrap
09-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Yeah - also why not Alt + Ctrl Click for zooming just like in the other viewports.

prometheus
09-26-2013, 08:02 PM
Yeah - also why not Alt + Ctrl Click for zooming just like in the other viewports.

Indeed..
And to clarify what I ment earlier, using the image control after you have rendered two different images, check on image as fg and one as bg layer, and set the blend mode to
letīs say horizontal, and then use the blend slider to slide between them.
Some sort of simpler type of this built in the bottom of image viewer, or perhaps at the top, image control extended version should maybe be available as pop up module.

Michael

Areyos Alektor
10-06-2013, 11:59 AM
May be for the final version ? In any case all its small updates are welcome and sometimes more than the big new features. Why? because they are used on a daily basis.

Matt
10-06-2013, 04:05 PM
I'm a big fan of the small things. Like Areyos says, they may not sound impressive on paper, but when you use them all the time, they become quite important and should never be overlooked.

Ryan Roye
10-06-2013, 06:31 PM
I'm a big fan of the small things. Like Areyos says, they may not sound impressive on paper, but when you use them all the time, they become quite important and should never be overlooked.

A few things that I have found extremely convenient between the differences of 9.6 to 11.5+

- Scene Editor: You can multi-select multiple ranges of items in a list (shift-click + ctrl click + shift-click results in two sequential selections).

- Colored motion paths. If things start to overlap a lot, I can now use the colors to pick out which motion belongs to which object.

- Surface editor copy/paste specific attributes.

- Easier access to morph mixer (a frequent-use character animation tool).

- Simpler camera properties panel; all in one place rather than split between the cameras and the render globals.

All these things are fairly simple compared to big features like VPR, yet provide a high benefit for the animator's workflow.

stevmjon
10-11-2013, 10:03 AM
yeah...that is true, one thing I would like to see a little easier implemented in the viewer, itīs sort of there...but you have to configure it by checking background and foregroun image, then you can slide wipe between
last and previous render so it reveals itself behind the other, and thus you can compare the two last renders against eachother with a slide wipe.
This is what poser can do too, but you just have to draw a slider which is there from scratch, something like that I would like to.

Michael

do you use the "page up" and "page down" keys to compare last and previous render?
I have found this invaluable. I use it all the time. I discovered it watching a tutorial video. I wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

stevmjon

prometheus
10-11-2013, 10:32 AM
do you use the "page up" and "page down" keys to compare last and previous render?
I have found this invaluable. I use it all the time. I discovered it watching a tutorial video. I wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

stevmjon

yeah I do sometimes, but a slider forth and back sometimes can reveal differences in a better way.

Michael

jeric_synergy
10-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Slider/wipe comparisons are indeed very useful, especially for tonal variations.

There's SO MANY obvious desirable features the Image Viewer lacks I can only assume that nobody has ever been assigned to beef it up.

Hail
10-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Indeed..
And to clarify what I ment earlier, using the image control after you have rendered two different images, check on image as fg and one as bg layer, and set the blend mode to
letīs say horizontal, and then use the blend slider to slide between them.
Some sort of simpler type of this built in the bottom of image viewer, or perhaps at the top, image control extended version should maybe be available as pop up module.

Michael

Isn't this what the image controls in the image viewer do?
All it takes is two rendered images
Call up the image controls...
Select one as BG and the other as FG and select a blending style from the blending mode drop down
and then you can use the blending slider to control the blending amount :)

jeric_synergy
10-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Hail, prometheus is talking about a "wipe", not a "fade" or a blending mode. Which doesn't exist anyway in Image Viewer.

I have no idea what part of LW you are referring to.

Hail
10-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Hail, prometheus is talking about a "wipe", not a "fade" or a blending mode. Which doesn't exist anyway in Image Viewer.

I have no idea what part of LW you are referring to.

Its all in there folks!
Note: The blend slider controls the amount of wipe between the BG and FG images.
There are also additional transitions besides the horizontal wipe such as vertical wipe, dissolve, alpha and difference

jeric_synergy
10-11-2013, 02:24 PM
I'll be damned! Hail wins the forum today! :bowdown:

*hands in my LW teaching certification* :sleeping:

Hail
10-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Yeah.. that's easy to miss because it's buried so deep away in the file menu and that totally baffles me.
Is there a good reason why this isn't embedded in the main UI of image viewer?
*Starring at you, Matt*

stevenpalomino
10-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Its all in there folks!

whoa... that's awesome.. had no idea..

jeric_synergy
10-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Yeah.. that's easy to miss because it's buried so deep away in the file menu and that totally baffles me.
Is there a good reason why this isn't embedded in the main UI of image viewer?
*Starring at you, Matt*
ha! So, I'm not alone! :hey:

Yes, having it off in a 2nd panel is Not Good. Collapsible, sure. 2nd panel, no. --Thanks for bringing that to my attention Hail: once upon a time I may have known that, but I sure as heck had forgotten about it.

--gah, it's my day for learning things I should already know: just accidentally found the Photoshop "Rotate View" command!!! sheesh!!!