PDA

View Full Version : LW stops rendering for.... hum... no reason

Hervé
11-14-2003, 12:22 AM
Hey , I have a scene here... (fairly big -1,8MPol), but anyway I have already rendered parts of it (animation).... but something strange happened.... I was checking about if everything goes well, when I've discoverd It was blocked on frame 47... why... have no idea, plenty of space disks, just stops... no enveloppe anywhere... no idea... the strange part is that it stops after working the 5 passes for low enhanced AA....

Frames 46.... and 48 and others render fine.... basically it stops when it finished to render the 5 passes and it is ready to render the transparent polys... then it stops....... I am.... huh.... err....

any thoughts ???

Thanks, Hervé

PS It deos not freeze, the render window just sits there, with the image ... doing nothing.... then off course I have to force quit....

Hervé
11-14-2003, 12:43 AM
pretty incredible... when I try to render without AA, frame 47 renders..... hu .... what..?

I might call NT today....

Hervé
11-14-2003, 12:57 AM
Oky Doky, I've tried with AA set to Medium Enhanced, now frame 47 stops fter pass 6/9, really strange.....

No ideas....

I guess there must be a serious bug here..... hum....

Hervé
11-15-2003, 03:24 AM
no one... well if ones interrested... put HD before SD... and it kind of work....

I suspect ( as always wiith large maps) a memory failure in the LW code somewhere regarding managment of Image maps....

very bad....

For example , in this scene I am rendering now... I've been asked to add 3d people, so I bought a CD from Dosh Design... but I cannot use those models.... I am at the max LW can handle in image maps (somewhere like 300 megs)

I have 2 GB of ram, LW has plenty of space disk for vitual ram (40 GB empty just for that), but still this isnt enough (ridiculous)

Anyway, I wish and very HOPE the next LW will be more reliable when it comes to big scenes.... unles no one gives a damn...

cheers

Oh and this is just one house (ok big detailed ----- 1,8 MP), but what about if I had to add cars and people.... well for new it is impossible..... and I have no magic wand....