PDA

View Full Version : LICENSE FOR SALE - SAVE $500 on LW11.6

lwbscenic
09-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Im selling my license for Lightwave 8.5. With the current promotion, you can upgrade for $495 until September 30th.

I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO FIND THE DONGLE. So if you buy this, you will have to upgrade to the current non-dongle version.

I would like to sell the software for $500, and then you would have to pay the $495 upgrade. You would be getting the latest version of the software for $995.

Let me know if you are interested.

Im still looking for the dongle, but not sure where I put it.

Surrealist.
09-23-2013, 08:05 PM
You might want to contact customer support on the dongle issue. For example if I buy the license from you, I will actually own a copy of LW8. But I would not really own a copy I could use. Not that I would want to. But technically the LW8 license is worthless without a dongle. So really you don't have anything to sell at this time. By the way there is a forum down below to buy and sell software.

hrgiger
09-24-2013, 02:42 AM
I'm pretty sure you could buy the LW8 license and upgrade it to current 11.6 without the need for a dongle. No dongle has to be returned or validated by NT for such a process. I'm not sure a lot of people are clamoring to use LW8 these days.

Surrealist.
09-24-2013, 03:35 AM
Of course not. That is not the point. The point is that it is a license of LW 8. And one should get the full license. A lot of people keep old versions around for a variety of reasons. If you look at your license page you'll see you can run any of the versions you have had in the past should you choose to. Say an old plugin or scene with old plugs. Any reason. It is not a LightWave 8 version one is selling if one does not have the license and it ought be worked out with CS first. Personally, me, if I am going to by LW 8 I want a copy I can use - should I ever in even the most remote possibility want to. Not just to inherit someone else's problem. Perhaps it is just a matter of principle. But it is how I view it.

hrgiger
09-24-2013, 11:34 AM
i was just suggesting that anyone who is looking to buy a current version of LW probably might not be interested in an older version for a plug in or whatever reason. in principal i agree with you, you should get the full license. but in practice, not once in the last 5 or 6 years have i once had to open up an earlier version of Lightwave for such a reason. but thats just me.

Surrealist.
09-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Sure I understand you point of view and the view of the seller is the same. Mine is simply counterpoint to that view is all.

geo_n
09-24-2013, 10:22 PM
Its not considered sellable and transferable without the dongle. Newtek already posted about it on another thread before.
You(the seller) need to replace the dongle before you can sell it.

50one
09-24-2013, 11:50 PM
Its not considered sellable and transferable without the dongle. Newtek already posted about it on another thread before.
You(the seller) need to replace the dongle before you can sell it.

That's how I got onto 11.x ship, bought a dongle-less v8 for a 100 bucks and then upgraded it straight away to v11...:)

geo_n
09-25-2013, 01:17 AM
That's how I got onto 11.x ship, bought a dongle-less v8 for a 100 bucks and then upgraded it straight away to v11...:)

Really? someone was selling in the for sale thread an older lw license without a dongle and newtek support chimed in that its not allowed to sell it without first getting a new one.
If its not the case there's a few licenses at work on parallel dongles that is forever lost that we could sell cheap probably.

Surrealist.
09-25-2013, 01:40 AM
When you are selling a license NT does not get involved in the dongle. (I have bought and sold a couple of times) That is between you and the seller. The license however is tied into the lock ID of the dongle.

But if you find yourself with a license that has no dongle and it was the guy before you who lost it, you'd probably have to lie and say you lost it, pay for a new dongle, get a new lock ID etc. I can't imagine NT condoning people selling licenses without dongles even with LW 11 not needing it. Does not take a lot of imagination to see where that would go.

geo_n
09-25-2013, 02:41 AM
Guess we need an official crystal clear answer.
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?132062-Selling-LW-8-for-upgrade&highlight=dongle

Isn't Bevee that is involved in the thread a part of NT company?

50one
09-25-2013, 03:46 AM
Guess we need an official crystal clear answer.
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?132062-Selling-LW-8-for-upgrade&highlight=dongle

Isn't Bevee that is involved in the thread a part of NT company?

Don't get me wrong, but what's the point of you being the policy sheriff? If folks can save the money and be legitimate users, I say 'why not' ?:D

geo_n
09-25-2013, 04:19 AM
Don't get me wrong, but what's the point of you being the policy sheriff? If folks can save the money and be legitimate users, I say 'why not' ?:D

As I said in the other post, if its official, we have some lw licenses here not being used at all that could probably be sold off but there's no dongle. I read that thread before so I assume NT doesn't allow that kind of sale.