PDA

View Full Version : Any LW11 [physical] books on the horizon?

Bliz
09-23-2013, 05:09 PM
Hi guys, been years since I posted here. I took advantage of the upgrade offer to 'shiny new' LW11.6 and I'm trying to get rid of the ring rust that's accumulated since I last used LW9.6.
I'm still a fan of physical books because I can read them when I'm meant to be looking after the kids etc.
I looked on amazon and the last 'Inside Lightwave' Dan Ablan book I could see was for LW10. Would have loved to pick up a LW11 book but there doesn't seem to be any.

Is everybody using video tutorials to learn Lightwave now? Is reading a book for this stuff an antiquated proposition now?

At any rate. It feels good to be back.

RebelHill
09-23-2013, 05:44 PM
Well, you never know if there might be or not, but I think a book anytime soon is pretty unlikely. Video seems to be where its at these days for LW. Most of the "mainline" of the interface is unchanged since you woulda been here last, so Im sure thatll come back to you... otherwise, there've been a good few additionas, and under the hood changes to some pretty fundamental stuff, like the US/AA thing... there's a good roundup of stuff to get you going on the YT channel here... http://www.youtube.com/user/RHLW/videos?sort=dd&shelf_index=4&view=1 Have a peek over General LW, and nodal/rigging playlists if either there take your fancy.

Other than that... welcome back.

Bliz
09-24-2013, 03:43 PM
Thanks RebelHill, seems I was already subscribed to your youtube channel but will have a proper look now.

stiff paper
09-24-2013, 04:22 PM
Is reading a book for this stuff an antiquated proposition now?
Yes. Yes, it is. Welcome to the postliterate society. Scary.

This thread might be of use:
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?125893-LightWave-Training-just-a-list

bobakabob
09-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Shame... Loved those early Newriders LW5 books by Dan Ablan in the 90s.

LW_Will
09-25-2013, 12:02 PM
But... but... I make the pictures. Pictures do not stay. Why not the pictures stay?