PDA

View Full Version : CG Questions

bradl
11-13-2003, 09:43 PM
As you may have read before, I more or less gave up on CG module during all the hanging mess starting way back with the beta. Been using Photoshop instead and loving it. One reason is someone else can be cranking on CG on a different computer while I am editing.

Today I used CG module and it was sooo nice to not have any hangs. I did manage to crash VT a couple of times however, but I'm used to that :rolleyes:

Couple of question:

1. When I save the project the first time I don't get my PNG's. But do every time after that. Is that normal?

2. Is there any way to resize a block of text with the mouse and constrain the aspect while doing it?

3. Is there a way to constrain to H or V when dragging?

4. When I grouped some text I could not change certain things like edge or shadow without ungrouping. Is this normal?

Thanks for any suggestions!

mgrusin
11-14-2003, 12:47 PM
1. When I save the project the first time I don't get my PNG's. But do every time after that. Is that normal?
I've seen this and call it a bug (my first-save .PNGs end up in the root of my video array). I'm hoping update 2 fixes it.

Don't know about the other questions (I have noticed some strange restrictions from time to time), but I do like the stability and features of the new CG. :D

-MG

Jim_C
11-14-2003, 12:51 PM
For #2, I turn on grid, snap to then set size to match aspect ratio such as 40x30 or some variant. Not an exact science but it works

bradl
11-14-2003, 11:49 PM
I honestly didn't expect any answer for most of this as I tried everything obvious but you never know. If indeed it can't do any of those things, consider them a Feature Request! Especially the mouse resize, that is aweful. It's like your text is made out of jello. The H or V movement (or the lack of) is also very bad. As you all know, so many things you do on one line end up dividing your text in to many blocks. Trying to slide things around and keep them on the same line is nearly impossible. Need to explore the Grid a little bit it looks like, but modifier keys (like Shift and/or Alt) to constrain behavior seems like a no-brainer...

ScorpioProd
11-15-2003, 01:01 AM
No, there's no way to constrain a mouse resize to keep aspect ratio.