PDA

View Full Version : Ligtwaver needs help in winning a copy of Toon Boom Harmony

Stahlsart
09-23-2013, 04:01 PM
Hey everyone!

Sorry that this will sound like begging, BUT...

I'm asking all my fellow Lightwavers and animators to help me win one of the 3 software giveaways from Toon Boom. My name is James Johnson on the list (the guy with the blue shirt and hat and the lava rock wall behind me). Sorry that it is VERY low volume on the video so you have to crank it up to hear me (was also losing my voice at the time which didn't help :( , but having the chance to win one of the copies for not only my 2d projects I want to create ,but also, the software allows the importing of 3d models from Lightwave which will help me in making my projects I want to create more professional looking,... soooo, I'm asking if my fellow wavers can help out

The link is https://contests.toonboom.com/

If you do vote, the way how to is to roll over the stars to the rating you want to give. Of course 5 starts will help out greatly but I do want you to vote your opinion so what ever you vote I would respect

Again, thanks if you can take a moment to vote for my submission. They have 3 categories, most creative (which I definitely didn't shoot for...), the companies choice and viewers choice. It's great that they have 3 prizes going so I don't have to ask for anyone to vote for just mine, but again I humbly ask for your support

Thanks

Jim

Davewriter
09-23-2013, 08:36 PM
Done.
But one day I will come to you and...
Okay... maybe a bit too Godfatherish.
Good Luck!

Stahlsart
09-23-2013, 10:11 PM
No problem Dave. lol I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

drako
09-24-2013, 10:50 AM
Done James.Good luck man...

Stahlsart
09-24-2013, 01:33 PM
Thanks Drako. Really appreciate it!

Ztreem
09-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Done!

rednova
09-24-2013, 03:24 PM
Dear friend:

Done !!! I am happy to help !!!

Stahlsart
09-24-2013, 04:40 PM
Ztreem and rednova, thank you both! Again, I really appreciate it :)

I was thinking this morning, if I do win one of the copies of their program, when the first full project that I have in mind to create is done, I would like to post all the names in the credits that voted for me as a way to say thanks for helping me out.
Really, the kindest people I find in any forum, Lightwavers stand out above the crowd!!! :)

vector
09-24-2013, 09:52 PM
You use LW and a pegbar so... voted

CaptainMarlowe
09-24-2013, 11:14 PM
done.

Stahlsart
09-25-2013, 12:49 AM
Thank you vector and CaptainMarlowe! Again, really appreciate the Lightwave group here!! :)

jwiede
09-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Done, good luck!

wesleycorgi
09-25-2013, 12:37 PM
Yup, must support a LWaver!

Stahlsart
09-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Thanks jwiede and wesleycorgi...said it once and gladly say it again and again, greatly appreciate it!!

digitaldoc
09-25-2013, 08:02 PM
Done. Best of luck.

Stahlsart
09-25-2013, 10:08 PM
Thanks digitaldoc! Appreciate your vote! :)

ary3d
09-25-2013, 10:17 PM
Done!

Stahlsart
09-25-2013, 10:18 PM
117321Just to show a concept of a character I wanted to do in 2d with Lightwave for all the 3D backgrounds and props. With your help, so far I am holding towards the top. It is early on the contest, but again, again, again, thank you everyone for taking time to vote for me.

Stahlsart
09-25-2013, 11:04 PM
Appreciate your vote ary3d !

Hail
09-26-2013, 09:23 AM
Just voted too.
good luck!:)

Waves of light
09-26-2013, 10:27 AM
Voted. Good luck.

Stahlsart
09-26-2013, 10:55 AM
Thanks Hail and Waves of light! Appreciate your votes! ;)

Stahlsart
10-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Please, if anyone else would help vote for me, I would be very grateful. The contest ends Oct 4 so if possible, the link is https://contests.toonboom.com/ My name is James Johnson and click on the farthest right star under my video to vote.

Thanks again everyone!!!

OnlineRender
10-03-2013, 10:18 AM
done

it was also spammed on the Lwiki Facebook page so hopefully you get a few extra votes

Roodie
10-03-2013, 10:37 AM
I voted also :-)

Stahlsart
10-04-2013, 07:24 PM
OnlineRender and Roodie, thank you both so much! And to everyone that voted, I owe another round of deeply felt thank you's.

I WON!!!! And really, without the support of all my fellow Lightwavers, as well as family and friends, it wouldn't have happened without all of you.

It looks very, VERY deep as a learning curve ( I am afraid to say maybe even more so than Lightwave ) but I swear, I will master it and with the ideas I have in mind to create, the combination of both software should make it possible!! I will definitely show on the forum some progression of my project once I can get really rolling to show all of you that your support was not wasted.

Again my friends, THANK YOU!! :)

Jim

Davewriter
10-04-2013, 08:08 PM
DUDE! Congrats!
So does that mean that I own 1/24th of it... ? Or maybe it can work as a time share...

Have one hell of a lot of good time with it!

Rayek
10-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Congrats. I voted for you too. Show us your work some time!

Waves of light
10-05-2013, 02:50 AM
Get in, we'll done! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Stahlsart
10-05-2013, 11:38 PM
Thanks Davewriter, Rayek and Waves of light... yeah, just started looking at the tutorials and whoooboy, it's pretty deep.

I have 4 different ideas I want to create after I get up to snuff on the software, but already planning on the modeling of one of the rom scenes for Lightwave.

Will definitely post some stuff soon!!!

Dodgy
10-06-2013, 01:57 AM
Congratulations, I use Anime Studio myself, but I'm glad we helped you get what you wanted :)

djwaterman
10-06-2013, 03:01 AM
What did you win? Was it Harmony stand alone? And how much does that cost (doesn't say on the site)?

jwiede
10-06-2013, 10:51 AM
What did you win? Was it Harmony stand alone? And how much does that cost (doesn't say on the site)?

I believe he said it was Harmony stand-alone, and as for price, IIRC it's less than, say, a kidney, but more than an arm and a leg. :devil:

Stahlsart
10-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Yep, won the Harmony stand alone. I really don't know what the software costs retail because you have to call Toon Boom and tell them what you are using it for (group licenses, vs single, etc...) I do know it's really expensive, the software is on sale for $2,000 but someone on a forum said they much, much more, what that is, I have no idea.

I have a free Anime Studio that came with my new wacom but is very very basic, great for beginners though, recommend it if anyone is starting out in 2D animation.

I really am impressed with the Harmony software (Disney used it for Princess and the Frog and Winnie the Pooh as well as Sylvain Chomet using it for the beautiful The Illusionist and The Triplets of Belleville, my favorite...Iron Giant and a host of others) Really is the best of the best out there (along with TVPaint)

I am going thru the tutorials and it looks like it will take weeks to get a grasp of the software, but after I create a commercial I have committed myself to, whoo boy am I going to go ape nuts!! I will DEFINITELY post to all of you some comps and storyboards of one of my ideas for a short that I would love to have some collaboration with others that would like to work in a Lightwave/2D environment. I always wanted to create a project that could show off talents of Lightwavers like how Blender has used their fanbase, and if anyone would be interested, I would welcome you whole hardily.

Just to give you a idea that I could help produce something and not just sound like small talk, here are a couple pieces I have made to show you how I am wired sometimes LOL

The guy with the cigarette took me 3 sets of Rapidographs and 1 1/2 years of pointillism on a 40 x 60 illustration board with NO tracing, just freehand back when I was 17 years old (I am almost 50 now and am much better, thank god) and the other piece I created using rectangular blocks to get a different effect. I work in a wide variety of styles and even invent some on my own but always the goal is towards realism of some kind.

Anyways, as I get deeper into all the training, I will put together some things to see if any are interested in creating something possibly, I think, even for the film festivals out there.