PDA

View Full Version : Batch Capture Bug

bradl
11-13-2003, 09:30 PM
Found a bug today. Not sure where to send it to. Maybe someone could confirm this behavior for me.

Batch Capture:

1. Capture a few clips.

2. Need to change to a different VTR. Pull 422 patch and stick it into a new machine.

3. Try to proceed with next clip or even hit play and it hangs then about 10 seconds later, CRASH.

4. Happens every time.

ted
11-13-2003, 11:52 PM
I could be waaay wrong, but I strongly recommend powering down before unplugging and replugging the 422 cables.
I bet when you re-boot everything will be peachy keen.

bradl
11-14-2003, 11:27 PM
I disagree. It is a very common practice to have 'patch panels' for 422 or even route-able 422 in large facilities. AFAIK every editor and VCR ever sold, except VT3, would allow 422 changes. We do it all day long in our on-line suites.

As far as the crashing, it will only crash if BC is open when you switch and you can for the most part just start VT back up, but I have had to reboot occasionally to recover.

sywitt
11-19-2003, 08:24 AM
Did you try setting a 'profile' for each machine? Does it crash if you select the new machine from the drop down?

Just wondering.

I guess the solution is to shut down BC before changing cables, which I think we have always done because it just seemed like the right thing to do.

Sy Witt
Ramona Rose Studio, Inc.