PDA

View Full Version : Vue xStream inside LW - extra Vue plugin added on each scene and more...

atnreg
09-23-2013, 06:31 AM
I really hope someone here has ANY ideas for this as E-on support claims they have never seen this.
I have reported this problem already with Vue10/LW11 but it still exists for Vue11.5/LW11.6.

Here's how to see it:
Open Layout (default empty scene)
Add any Vue stuff, like Sphere
Open Object Properties;Geometry
You should see one Vue 7 xStream plugin on the list (yes plugin is named 7 even though it is v.11.5)
Then save the scene (Vue embedded, all as default in Vue as well)
Now there is another Vue 7 xStream plugin added on each Vue object!
In addition, the selected item changes usually to Vue Ground plane but can be other as well.

And this repeats on EVERY scene save AND about every 5 minutes, even in the middle of dragging an object!

I have tried to start Layout with empty config so there are no extra plugins, then just add Vue plugin but no help. Also disabling autosaves in Vue or LW have no effect on this.

Can anyone PLEASE help me with this, it is making working with Vue plugin a real pain :bangwall:

atnreg
09-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Really? Nobody has ANY ideas for this? Please? :)

Phil
09-25-2013, 01:22 PM
Yes. It's been a long standing issue. e-on *do* know about this. I've reported it several times. They've declined to fix it up to now, though. It's been there since at least 10.something.

atnreg
09-25-2013, 11:33 PM
Ok, thanks for confirming :)

But this is not acceptable for $1995 software so I will pressure them more :(

dwburman
09-28-2013, 12:31 AM
I think I've had that problem too.

In regards to the every 5 minute bit. Do you have auto save in LightWave set to save that frequently?

atnreg
09-28-2013, 01:48 PM
Yes I have but I have also tried with autosave disabled both in Vue and Lightwave, no help :(

Have you managed to solve the problem or do you have any further info about this problem? :)

dwburman
09-28-2013, 04:36 PM
I don't think I've looked into as deeply as you have, so I don't think there is anything I can add. Plus, the computer that has Vue 10 installed blew a power supply earlier this week, so I can't even check atm.

atnreg
09-29-2013, 12:20 AM
ok so you just live with the bug, right? :)

Thanks, I have ongoing process with E-on so let's hope they will finally get it fixed :)

Phil
09-30-2013, 08:50 AM
ok so you just live with the bug, right? :)

Thanks, I have ongoing process with E-on so let's hope they will finally get it fixed :)

This one, yes. They have been more diligent about addressing other issues, but this one hasn't got their attention.