PDA

View Full Version : Whats Texture Editor PS Screen in node speak?

raw-m
09-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Trying to recreate a texture made in the Texture Editor in Nodes. Additive, Subtractive... are easy to replicate but a few Blending Modes - PShop Screen, PShop Multiply etc. - whats the nodal equivalent of these?

I'm using this on alpha channels so want to stick to all scalar values if poss - if I use "colour" inputs then values start to shift depending on the color space I'm using.

RebelHill
09-21-2013, 01:42 PM
When working in RGB colour space (as has been the norm in PS going back years), due to the gamma curve the transfer mode "add" comes out wrong, screen was made to compensate for this, and is basically a gamma corrected add mode. Tbh, Ive never stopped to think back on LW nodal, and wonder how this issue would play out when using RGB (cs off) space and you tried add in there. Id imagine that if working in linear (sRGB cs preset) that the add mode itself would be right and screen would be pointless... I guess a test'd answer for sure on those.

raw-m
09-23-2013, 06:08 AM
Stopped trying in the end but got a nice result plugging the alpha of a texture node into the alpha input of a gradient key with Show Output ticked.