PDA

View Full Version : Lighting scene - can lightwave save solution (cache radiosity)?

Ade
11-13-2003, 05:53 PM
I have a small public bath house I want to studio light, I have a dome, a distance light and a linear light inside it.
When I render radiosity it lights even but internally needs to cast more shadow.
My friend said in c4d they save solution with one render then add a light and re render without radiosity.. Does that make sense?

FenrirWolf
11-13-2003, 06:48 PM
They're probably referring to baking radiosity. Check out Newtek's tutorial by Emanuele Salvucci (http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/surface/baking/index.html).

Now sure how this would help with casting more internal shadow, however. Perhaps you could bake out the radiosity solution and then go back and tweak it with a few well-placed area lights.

Ade
11-13-2003, 11:03 PM
Guys feel free to criticize.. Im stilla newbie so any other methods of lighting would be appreciated..

Ade
11-20-2003, 03:31 AM
Anyone know how to use cache radiosity? Do I render one pass then re enter the scene and ad the light i want then render again? will it keep the previous pass render?

Weetos
11-20-2003, 05:16 PM
I think I would try the negative value light trick to darken the areas you want to be be not so bright. Just add some point lights set to negative value and falloff, and place them where the shadows should be. That might not give the result you were expecting though

the cache radiosity feature just stores the radiosity data so it doesn't have be calculated at each pass, but it doesn't keep it from one render to another