PDA

View Full Version : Rundown Creator's TriCaster Playout Controller

rundowncreator
09-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Hello Everyone,
My name is Jeff and I'm the founder of a company called Rundown Creator (https://www.rundowncreator.com/). Rundown Creator is a web app for TV, radio, and internet broadcasters who need an easy way to collaboratively plan their shows. We just announced some new TriCaster integration (https://www.rundowncreator.com/how-it-works/tricaster-playout-controller/) last week, and I wanted to take a moment today to tell you a little bit about it.

Our new TriCaster integration allows you to insert titles, graphics, audio clips, and video clips into your scripts in Rundown Creator, and then play them out on a TriCaster using Rundown Creator's new TriCaster Playout Controller (pictured above).

Title templates, graphics, audio clips, and video clips on your TriCaster all show up automatically in Rundown Creator, so inserting them into your scripts is as simple as just selecting the one you'd like in the Script Editor.

Our TriCaster Playout Controller can manage up to 20 channels on your TriCaster, including 2 graphics inputs, 15 framebuffers, 2 DDRs, and an audio player. It generates a single playlist with all of the elements in your show, so even with that many channels, playback is as simple as just pressing the space bar on your keyboard.

The playlist is real-time, so it automatically updates when changes are made to your rundowns or scripts. It's also fault tolerant, so it can continue to function even if the user's Internet connection goes down.

For more information, visit https://www.rundowncreator.com/how-it-works/tricaster-playout-controller/. And, if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me an e-mail. My e-mail address is [email protected]

-Jeff

SBowie
09-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Congratulations on what looks like a very nice addition to the arsenal! :)

rundowncreator
09-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Thanks!!

kltv
09-18-2013, 12:41 AM
Cool idea! You might consider adding things like switcher events (like live camera sources & mic inputs) into the rundown along with your media control system. Then you could advance through the show like an Ignite or Overdrive system, not that I love those systems or anything, but that would be a good logical progression. Very neat system. Looks very similar to our newsroom system and anybody familiar with those would feel right at home with your design.

Kris

rundowncreator
09-18-2013, 08:57 AM
Cool idea! You might consider adding things like switcher events (like live camera sources & mic inputs) into the rundown along with your media control system. Then you could advance through the show like an Ignite or Overdrive system, not that I love those systems or anything, but that would be a good logical progression. Very neat system. Looks very similar to our newsroom system and anybody familiar with those would feel right at home with your design.

Kris

I totally agree!

joseburgos
09-19-2013, 08:31 PM
This looks very well made and I look forward to testing it one day soon.
Congrats Jeff

rundowncreator
09-19-2013, 09:05 PM
This looks very well made and I look forward to testing it one day soon.
Congrats Jeff

Thanks Jose!

GeekNews
09-20-2013, 04:01 AM
Hate paying a monthly fee for software. When you make it available as a stand-alone package will consider it..

csandy
09-20-2013, 05:10 AM
Hate paying a monthly fee for software. When you make it available as a stand-alone package will consider it..

I'm with you there Todd. I met Jeff at Broadcast Minds a couple of years ago and thought his software was great, but gave him identical feedback.

rundowncreator
09-20-2013, 02:46 PM

Yeah, if you're looking for a rundown program that you can pay for once and use forever, then honestly, Rundown Creator is probably not the right solution for you. Sorry. We currently don't and probably never will offer that as an option.

That business model just doesn't work for hosted web applications like ours. It costs us money to host Rundown Creator on our servers, and paying system administrators to keep those servers up and running isn't cheap either.

But that's only part of the reason we charge a subscription fee...

With a software as a service (SaaS) business model (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_as_a_service), we can do some cool things, like continuously work on improving our software, and roll out software updates to users for free. It doesn't matter whether we're adding a new feature, fixing a bug, or releasing an entirely new version of our software. Users get every update immediately, at no cost.

What's more, since you're paying monthly or yearly, the subscription fee is significantly lower than if you were paying a one-time fee.

And, there are no contracts, so if you're working on a one-off show and want to use Rundown Creator for just one month (quite common), you can.

A lot of companies--like Google, Microsoft, and Adobe--are moving towards the SaaS business model because of these reasons. I believe it is the future as well.

We realize not everyone will be as forward thinking, and we're OK with that, because we have a lot of customers who are, and who see the value in our product. We thank you for your feedback though.

digiview
09-21-2013, 04:26 AM
"A lot of companies--like Google, Microsoft, and Adobe--are moving towards the SaaS business model because of these reasons. I believe it is the future as well."

Yep and that the reason I will no longer have anything to do with Google, Microsoft, and Adobe lots of other products out there, good luck with it.

kanep
09-21-2013, 09:26 AM
Just wish could do that with Netflix, DirecTV and AT&T.....

PIZAZZ
09-22-2013, 11:41 PM
I look forward to testing and discovering more about your Rundown Product. I can already think of several of my clients that could use this. I am sure I will think of more once I get my hands on it.

rundowncreator
09-23-2013, 12:13 AM
I look forward to testing and discovering more about your Rundown Product. I can already think of several of my clients that could use this. I am sure I will think of more once I get my hands on it.

Sounds good! If you'd like to play around with Rundown Creator, we do offer a free two-week trial. You can sign up for one on our website here:
https://www.rundowncreator.com/sign-up/free-trial/