PDA

View Full Version : iPad MIDI control for TriCaster

kanep
09-17-2013, 11:35 AM
Wanted to share this with everyone. Instructions now how to configure your TriCaster 410, 460, 860 or 8000 system to work with an iPad (or Android) tablet to launch macros via MIDI. This will allow you to create your own custom control surfaces to extend the functionally of your TriCaster for a single operator or allow multiple people use share the TriCaster features for collaborative use. Included in the document is a link to the TouchOSC iPad interface that you saw on the TWIT show along with the macros you can load on your TriCaster system to activate all of the buttons.

http://new.tk/TC-MIDI-Demo

Let us know of any great workflows that you create with MIDI on your TriCaster!

Lars Borg
09-19-2013, 07:25 AM
Can it be used with a TC40?

kanep
09-19-2013, 08:53 AM
Can it be used with a TC40?

Sorry, MIDI is not supported on the TC40.

Lars Borg
09-19-2013, 09:43 AM
Okay....was really expecting the answer:)....will move up the food chain soon!!!

kanep
09-19-2013, 04:53 PM
Just wanted to share on updated link for this. Slightly newer version of the MIDI document.

ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/download/Utilities/Whitepaper-TriCaster-MIDI_Demo.pdf

joseburgos
09-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Nice write up. I wish it was out on Monday as it would have saved Chris and I some time figuring this all out on our own :)

kanep
09-25-2013, 09:20 PM
I just wanted to add to this. The document is a bit incomplete when it comes with using TouchOSC on Android with TriCaster. An updated version of this document will be coming soon with the extra steps needed for Android support. If you want to send me a private message, I can give you the steps. You will need another PC as a MIDI gateway to use an Android device.

JonRaidel
10-01-2013, 06:46 PM
kane thanks for this. you gave me something to do on a 13hr flight to Turkey! thanks again

- - - Updated - - -

kane thanks for this. you gave me something to do on a 13hr flight to Turkey! thanks again

GeekNews
10-03-2013, 12:56 AM
I took one look at this and my brain started to hurt.

Just wanted to share on updated link for this. Slightly newer version of the MIDI document.

ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/download/Utilities/Whitepaper-TriCaster-MIDI_Demo.pdf

kanep
10-03-2013, 08:43 AM
It looks like a lot, but it's not hard to setup.

That Media Prof
10-18-2013, 03:08 PM
Would this work with a TriCaster 455?

Zane Condren
10-18-2013, 03:52 PM
Nope you would need to upgrade it to 460.

JohnTech
11-01-2013, 10:53 PM
I have a feeling Samsung's rumored upcoming 12-inch Android tablet could end up being a fantastic TriCaster controller:
http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-note-12-inch-tablet-313408/

JohnTech
11-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Any plans on supporting tablets running Windows 8?

kanep
11-02-2013, 03:01 PM
It really depends more on MIDI application support for Windows 8 systems. Certainly you can do it today with a Windows 8 desktop application. However, I'm not aware of any Windows 8 'Metro/Modern' MIDI applications. I have to admit I curious about a Surface tablet with the new Music touch cover, that would make a cool MIDI interface, however I don't believe the current software for this cover supports MIDI functions at this time.

http://surfaceremixproject.com/

360studiodesign
11-11-2015, 12:48 PM
Hi Kane this is Mike Dean from Biwaymedia in Houston I have a ipad Mini and a Galaxy tab A I am not able to get the Galaxy Tab working I've downloaded bridge but haven't seen clear instructions across the web on how to make it work on android its almost like the forbidden zone lol. Can you shed some light on this for me
thanks in advance

kanep
11-11-2015, 01:48 PM
Not sure which information you are looking at, but I made a video on how to do this more recently. I'm not using rtpMIDI anymore but TouchOSC Bridge. If you aren't using this method, give it a try, it easier to get running (especially for Android devices).

http://tips.newtek.com/wireless-tricaster-control-with-touchosc/

360studiodesign
04-07-2016, 09:22 AM
Hi Kane Mike Dean I was wondering if you can do one for android alone
I Thought that Just the Bridge software installed on tricaster was enough I had it working once but not anymore . Im not sure what happen im running latest build of TC software for 460 and Mini

kanep
04-07-2016, 12:12 PM
I'd like to but I don't own any Android devices. I've seen people using them. I do know that one person I was helping get it setup with had to manually type in the IP of the TriCaster into the host to get it to work. You can tap where it says host on the find the host screen and type in there.

alonso
08-01-2016, 10:16 AM
Hi Kane Mike Dean I was wondering if you can do one for android alone
I Thought that Just the Bridge software installed on tricaster was enough I had it working once but not anymore . Im not sure what happen im running latest build of TC software for 460 and Mini

Hi i don't know if you still need it, but I have my own blog for tutorials in spanish and have a tutorial for android, maybe the image and the video that i made can help you

http://tcxdblog.wixsite.com/tutoriales/control-tricaster-con-android