PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone using LogMeIn?

Videolink
09-16-2013, 05:19 PM
Curious to find out if anyone has tried remote by net
Logmein or...?
What have you found ?

PIZAZZ
09-16-2013, 08:13 PM
been using Logmein and it's variants for years. Ever since they changed to a paid platform I started switching to TeamViewer for most of our support needs. Teamviewer has apps for Android and iOS tablets that work really well besides the typical PC and Mac apps. Nice fluid video and it handles low to fast internet connections gracefully.

pederw
09-29-2013, 05:18 PM
Are you using this on the tricaster to remotecontrol it via an Ipad or another computer?

pederw
10-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Bump..

PIZAZZ
10-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Yes. Not officially supported of course by NewTek. We do not use it in a production environment necessary but more so as a troubleshooting and training mechanism.

Wink
10-07-2013, 07:47 AM
Bruce, I've used join.me with great results. Using it like Jef for training and trouble shooting purposes.

41e
10-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Hey there.
I my situation, the monitors double as my ingest assistant editor's Avid monitors.
If I have videos to bring into the tricaster or fonts to create - I just log me in and do all my work.
I wouldn't recommend that for live production however.

It is a great way to test my macros, too!

Greenlaw
10-10-2013, 10:28 PM
I haven't used LogMeIn but when I'm doing motion capture, I use Team Viewer on my Tablet PC to control my workstation that controls the mocap gear, which is in another room. It works surprisingly well and it's free for non-commercial use.

I also use Anyplace Control (http://www.anyplace-control.com/) to power up, shutdown, and maintenance the individual computers on my renderfarm. But that's all done within our local network and I'm not really using it 'remotely' (i.e., offsite.) I've been thinking of upgrading the license on my main workstation so I can submit to our render farm remotely though--from what I've read, this software works well for offsite access and it's one of the less expensive choices because you pay a single flat fee for 'lifetime' usage rather pay forever for a subscription. In my case, I much rather pay a single fee since I don't use the software frequently enough to make subscription worthwhile.

G.

Greenlaw
10-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Correction: I just looked into Anyplace Control's offsite remote connection and it's a one time flat fee for lifetime for local connection and remote only if you have a static IP; however, if you want to use their web based connection service (which is what I'm interested in,) then it's an annual subscription. That said, Anyplace Control is still pretty cheap compared to their competitors. (Currently $32 a year for two PCs.)

G.