PDA

View Full Version : Hair Guides - Bullet dynamics - Genoma

Ivan_B
09-15-2013, 10:15 PM
Hi All,

Need some help with hair guides and bullet dynamics please :) Lightwave 11.6, 11.5 should be the same.

I have a character that I applied hair guides to, they are parented to the character and I have setup Bullet dynamics (kinematic for the character and deforming for the guides) ...If I move the character around (keyframe some basic movement as a TEST) the guides bounce around accordingly..all is good.

However, the Hair characters actual animation is to be driven by another character that has a genoma rig in it that is driven by a FBX file, Or baked to a MDD file.

The problem is the guides do not follow the character, they are stationary in the T pose, but do have dynamics applied, as the character walks away.

How do I get the hair guides to follow the character...Or how do I get the root of the hair guides to stick to the character as its being deformed by the rig??

Thanks in advance.

Ivan.

Ivan_B
09-19-2013, 07:54 AM
Do hair guides even work with rigged objects...anybody?...How do you get hair guides to attach themselves to an object being deformed by bones???? please :)

stiff paper
09-19-2013, 07:59 AM
I don't have an answer, but I can ask if you've watched Greenlaw's fiberFX walkthrough, and point you at it if you haven't. It might help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAIkGeV895I

Strider_X
09-19-2013, 09:44 AM
Check out the LightWave_11-5_Content\FiberFX\Furry_Tail example scenes they should lead you in the right direction.

It seems as if you have to freeze your mesh, generate the fibers in layout and set them to "polygonize mixed", in bullet load your object and set its type to deforming and its mesh filter to the weightmap generated by fiber fx and set shape lock to translation and rotation .

Ivan_B
09-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Thanks people!!!! Somewhere to begin. :)

I have watched that video a few times, it's great to get the hair happening on your character...and I can do this and it works great!.... its when I added deformation to the character that it didnt work.

Going to check out the sample scene and reverse engineer it..hope I get it to work.

EDIT: Thanks again!....Strider_X that example scene was spot on...I got it work, The "polygonize mixed" thing is confusing, the fur wont show up unless you right click on the active layer and set it "polgonize mixed" as soon as you make a change in the ffx setting the fur disappears and you have to set PM again and again and again....but it works.

Polygonize mixed in the manual is useless :(