PDA

View Full Version : Question to anyone that owns the Panasonic AG-AC90?

ingeborgdot
09-13-2013, 10:47 AM
I have just purchased the Panasonic AG-AC90 and have a question I need answered. It has to deal with the AV cable that comes with the camera. When I plug in the AV to the AV section in the camera it won't put out a signal to be able to stream something from the camera. The only way I can stream anything is to use the HDMI part of the camera. Is there some setting I am missing as to why it won't stream out from the AV plug when I am recording? Thanks.

BigHache
09-13-2013, 06:12 PM
I'm not familiar with that particular camera, but the Panasonics I have used have a menu option to turn on/off Composite video out. You are probably running into that.

ingeborgdot
09-14-2013, 10:12 AM
That's what I was thinking but I can't find that anywhere. That's why I was hoping I could find someone that was familiar with that camera and could guide me.

Shabazzy
09-14-2013, 11:11 AM
Put the camera in playback mode.

Press the menu button
Navigate to "OTHER FUNCTION"
Then "AV MULTI"
Then select which connector you wish to use "COMPONENT" or "AV OUT"

If you choose to use COMPONENT then there will be another menu choice elsewhere to choose between 480i or 1080i resolution and this can be found by pressing:

Menu Button
Navigating to "OTHER FUNCTION"
Then "COMPONENT OUT"
Then selecting which resolution you want to output.

This information can be found on page 78 of the Panasonic Operating Instructions manual Volume 2.

Hope this helps.

Shabazzy

ingeborgdot
09-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Thanks, I had just found it about 10 minutes ago. I had to go and download their advanced manual and it was listed in it. I appreciate the help. I knew there had to be something somewhere. I was just missing it when I was going through the menu. How I missed it I don't know but it just kept hiding from me I guess.