PDA

View Full Version : How to export Kinect-captured motions for use with NevronMotion?

wolfiboy
09-13-2013, 07:01 AM
I captured a motion with Kinect in VirtualStudio. Because I captured myself the first 60 frames are not usable (pressing the button and running in front of Kinect) and so I want to use the motion from frame 60 on. In frame 60 I'm standing in the T-pose so that it's easier to retarget with NevronMotion.
My question is: Is there a way to start the retargeting-process with NevronMotion at a frame other than zero?
Or do I need to shift the timeline somehow (Motion Mixer does not work in this situation). Or can I export the motion from e.g. frame 60 on? I tried to export to FBX and Collada but got a very confusion rig when importing it (see attached pic). Is there a way to export to BVH?
Thank you!

wolfiboy
09-13-2013, 10:00 AM
I did a workaround by editing the keyframes in the dopesheet. But any other suggestions would be welcome ;-)

CaptainMarlowe
09-13-2013, 10:50 AM
Can you export to mdd ? With md baker you can choose the starting frame of the export.

wolfiboy
09-19-2013, 05:02 AM
Thank you CaptainMarlowe for the reply.
In the capturing process with the Kinect I'm only working with the Kinect-skeleton. So there is no mesh and I can't use MDD. I use the mesh in the second part, where I load the mesh (with the Genoma-Nevron skeleton), create the rig with the Genoma-feature, load the captured Kinect-skeleton with 'load from scene', position the Genoma-rig in about the pose of the Kinect-skeleton and retarget with Nevron. My problem is that I would need the Kinect-skeleton at frame 0 in such a pose, that it is easy to pose the Genoma-Nevron-rig like the Kinect-skeleton. Because only then the retargeting works. The best would be, the Kinect-skeleton would be in a T-pose. But because I do the capturing myself this pose is at frame 80. At frame 0 the Kinect-skeleton is bent.
So I do a workaround: In the dope-sheet I delete all relevant keyframes from 0 to 79 and then I shift the keyframes from 80 to e.g. 300 to position 0. This is a little bit uncomfortable, but it works for me.
It would be cool to have a kind of a self-timer for capturing with Lino's voice counting from 10 to zero ;-)

SPICE
09-19-2013, 09:16 AM
... with Lino's voice counting from 10 to zero ;-)

better Kermit... or Miss Piggy ;)

LW_Will
09-19-2013, 06:44 PM
In Italian... ;-)

BeeVee
09-20-2013, 04:27 AM
It would be cool to have a kind of a self-timer for capturing with Lino's voice counting from 10 to zero ;-)

Alternatively you can use the Punch In setting in Virtual Studio to not start recording before a certain frame number, not as sexy I know. :)

B

wolfiboy
09-20-2013, 06:15 AM
Thank you BeeVee!
I'm not so deep in Virtual Studio so thank you for the hint, I'll give it a try.