PDA

View Full Version : Blitz is closing shop???

Hail
09-12-2013, 12:13 PM
More bad news:(
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24066065

gerry_g
09-12-2013, 01:15 PM
missing point, not bad news, markets move on, good news is just else where thats all

Shabazzy
09-12-2013, 01:41 PM
WOW! I remember those guys from C64 days back in the eighties. I had no idea they were still around. I remember when they made their first million pounds and how it was big news in the British press because at that time they were working out of their family home and no-one in the UK at that time had done that before, in that way.

This is indeed sad news.

Hail
09-12-2013, 01:45 PM
missing point, not bad news, markets move on, good news is just else where thats all

Not sure how this news can be good when over 170 people have lost their jobs or rather their source of livelihood.
Moving markets itself might not be a bad idea but its bad when markets fold up and jobs are lost

Tranimatronic
09-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Sorry to hear that. I freelanced for them about 10 years back working on the (completely awful) BadBoys2 video game.
The producer asked me for an animated pigeon model with a polygon budget of 50 polys (remember these are game models, so that means triangles)
I replied back saying 50 polys was roughly 4 cubes. The animated pigeon had to take off and land (folding its wings)
I got a reply back three days later saying that yes 50 was a bit harsh. The new poly budget for the asset was 75, but it had to be finished on the same deadline (that night)

And yes, it looked awful.
Ahhhh the good old days.

Still, sorry to hear they went under.