PDA

View Full Version : How can I compile images together into a video?

alexjose
09-11-2013, 01:41 PM
I've rendered the same scene in Lightwave a couple times now and for some reason it renders all the frames but when you play the avi it only shows half of the movie like it started from frame 200 or something, so this time when I rendered it I saved the images as .tga's. But how do I compile all the .tga's together into a movie? Please help! Thanks!

bazsa73
09-11-2013, 02:11 PM
hi,
load your img sequence into lightwave using the Image Editor. Then in the composition panel,
use the image sequence as background image and render it out as movie.
Make sure the frame rate is consistent though. And resolution as well. And the length.

B_Free
09-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Another possibility is to use Quicktime Pro from Apple. They make you to pay $30 to get the Pro version, but it's pretty handy depending on what your needs are. In that all you have to do is go up to File > Open Image Sequence and then select the first frame of your sequence.

nickdigital
09-11-2013, 02:43 PM
There's a tutorial on here that demonstrates what baza is talking about.

http://pixsim.com/

alexjose
09-11-2013, 03:00 PM
thanks very much guys, still cant figure this one out. I tried Bazas idea but it wont let me load 720 frames into the image editor all at once and it wont let me load specific frames - says not found even thought theyre right there :/ also cant select sequence for multiple frames instead of still. Thanks nickdigital, I'll give that a try!

nickdigital
09-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Just select the first image in your sequence, then change it from 'Still' to 'Sequence'. You don't have to select all of them.

dwburman
09-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Here's a tutorial on how to use VirtualDub (free software) to assemble an image into an avi.

http://www.respower.com/blog/?p=389

There are other programs to do it as well.

alexjose
09-11-2013, 03:17 PM
you guys are life savers. Bazsa and Nickdigital, mad props to you guys. Thanks very much. after I passed the tutorial video through handbrake and looked at how he did it I figured it out. Thanks again!