PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to "Aura Video Paint"?

Ratteler
09-10-2013, 01:30 AM
I had bought that with LW 5.6 a million years ago. I can't remember if I upgraded to 2.x or not.
Some one should dust off the code and update it. Or Open Source it if you don't plan to do anything with it.

creacon
09-10-2013, 02:13 AM
It became TV Paint (again), you can find it here:

http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/article/home/

Ratteler
09-10-2013, 02:23 AM
Thanks. I wonder if I can upgrade from Aura. LOL!

Snosrap
09-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Thanks. I wonder if I can upgrade from Aura. LOL!Nope.

Ratteler
09-11-2013, 12:31 AM
Figures.

Greenlaw
09-11-2013, 12:57 AM
You used to be able to (I did,) but I think that offer expired a few years ago.

The version I have now is 9 point something. I think they're up to version 10 now.

G.

Snosrap
09-11-2013, 08:38 AM
You used to be able to (I did,) but I think that offer expired a few years ago.

The version I have now is 9 point something. I think they're up to version 10 now.

G.From Mirage you could at one point, but that ship has sailed. I don't think you could ever upgrade from Aura. Mirage was a thousand times better than Aura - I wonder if the same can be said of of TV Paint over Mirage? Even today Mirage has the fastest paint strokes on a computer - it follows my Wacom strokes as fast as I can paint! PS sucks in that area.

Greenlaw
09-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Ah, you are correct! For some reason I thought I had Aura but now that you mentioned it, it was Mirage Pro.

TVP works great with a Wacom! This version is made by the original developers and they continued developing it separately from Aura and Mirage, so it was already more advanced than Mirage when that version was being sold here in the states.

To be completely honest, I have yet to use TVP on an actual production (too many programs, too little time,) but based on my occasional 'fooling around' sessions, I really like it. The version I have is TVP 9. I haven't upgraded to 10 because I haven't used TVP a whole lot yet (not even when it was Mirage or TVP 8.) I hope to create a 'traditionally-drawn' 2D short with it one day--maybe next year, after I finish the projects I have going on now.

G.

calilifestyle
09-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Oh and don't lose you Mirage s/n . There's no way of getting them back.