PDA

View Full Version : A tip for white screen kinect...

OnlineRender
09-09-2013, 06:08 AM
Sometimes when you activate the kinect in lw via the device manager the kinect will show up white ...i read earlier clearing your lw folder would resolve this but I hate lossing my configs..sometimes simply unpluging the kinect resolves this other times ypu are left swearing at the monitor....anyway to cut along story short install the sdk tool kit and run the camera coloured example this forces the kinect on and it should now work in lw ....on phone soZ

jbaudrand
01-10-2014, 02:20 PM
I've tried to install /unstall every version of sdk/runtime
Can't get ride of the white screen!
As suggested somewhere I test my kinect with Skanect 1.5, the camera work fine(Xbox360).
I try to delete config files, and for an obscur reason, lw crash all the time after I reinstalled the licence (according to detailed window, it's something related to Kinect.dll)
Finally i've tried to add Kinectforwindows.p in Add plug in menu, and lw says the plug in can't be found or can't be added.

I'm stuck, any idea?

Ryan Roye
01-10-2014, 02:33 PM
Yeah, deal with the kinect side of things before messing with LW.

I can't be certain of the reason for it, but I had this exact same issue in the past and my fix was to re-install the Kinect Runtime. Be aware that switching USB ports can trigger this issue.

The kinect can also be flakey to initialize when plugged into USB 3.0 ports (blue-markered ones).

jbaudrand
01-10-2014, 03:39 PM
I restart and my girlfriend make it working... don't know what I missed... ^^ mystery of woman