PDA

View Full Version : Help on particles !!!!!!

Juan Herrera
09-08-2013, 08:25 AM
Hi, I need some help to do a particle animation. I need a special characteristics of particles. What I need is a different letters o each particle. I.E. A b c d E f % 4 3 etc... The way I think to work is put an image sequence of the letters on a clipmap and put in the particles converteds to 1 poly. That no work fine because all the particles change at time to the next character. And I need what all the particles look differents at the same time. Please if someone knows a procedure, I very glad.

Sensei
09-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Watch this video tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obkeIjirOK8
Maybe it will give you some idea.

You would just need to attach polygon to particle. So particle would be giving polygon it's position.

That no work fine because all the particles change at time to the next character.

Shouldn't you extract particle index and use it as input to image sequence (implemented as Gradient)?

Juan Herrera
09-09-2013, 10:16 PM
Thanks Sensei. I see the video its really cool but is not that way. That would be one of the particles.
Yes, I attached a polygon to a particle and then put the clip map with the animation of one letter for frame on the polys. But all de particles change to the second frame (letter B, i.e.) and I need what all looks differents.
I will see to extract particle Index, I dont know how to.
Thanks Sensei.

dpont
09-09-2013, 11:46 PM
With the Image Map node, in the latest version of DPKit
you can input a specific frame per clone, instance, part etc,
this has been tested for nodal surfacing.

Working with a particle emitter and poly clip mapping
you may try a Particle Info (Nearest mode)
input the particle ID as frame.

...Or instance the polygon as reference to the particle emitter
and use the Instance Info index as frame input
replacing clip map by transparency.

Denis.

Sensei
09-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Thanks Sensei. I see the video its really cool but is not that way. That would be one of the particles.
Yes, I attached a polygon to a particle and then put the clip map with the animation of one letter for frame on the polys. But all de particles change to the second frame (letter B, i.e.) and I need what all looks differents.

They change because probably you used image sequence for clip map.
But you could use Weight map (and technique from video) to control which polygon has which image, all the time regardless of frame poly will have stick to one. And each particle-polygon, different.
One polygon weight 0%, second polygon weight 100%, 3rd 200% etc. It's hand-made-index. 200% = #2 etc.

I will see to extract particle Index, I dont know how to.

You don't have to, if each polygon will have different weight.

XswampyX
09-12-2013, 04:42 PM
You can use instances and a UV offset.

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr16/xXswampyXx/Emitter_Letters_zpsb9f49aec.jpg (http://s465.photobucket.com/user/xXswampyXx/media/Emitter_Letters_zpsb9f49aec.jpg.html)

Here's the scene.

Cheers!