PDA

View Full Version : RH Rigging - Training for LW3D

RebelHill
09-06-2013, 03:21 PM
RH Rigging Training for LightWave is here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKv57FJZVXE&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLTds3QePYrWEWipwKkLmyNT4Tf_JTigM2

With over 20 hrs of first class, pro training, RH Rigging is the most complete video training series on the subject of rigging in LW ever. With instruction running from the ground right through to advanced methods, it contains valuable instruction for all levels of user, from complete noobs to more experienced LightWave users. If you're looking to either get started from scratch with rigging, or seeking to take your setups or characters to the next level of functionality and creativity, then RH Rigging will more than satisfy.

This series has taken a little longer than expected when first announced, partly due to my own exploring of the material whilst working on it, and due to the input and feedback of others, which makes me confident in its quality as a well rounded series that will deliver instruction in such a way as to accommodate most, if not all, users general, everyday rigging needs. Every effort has been made to cover as much ground as possible, in as many ways as possible to help you learn how to approach new rigging challenges as they present themselves to you, beyond the examples featured.

So there we go, I hope y'all will enjoy them and find them to be a valuable resource in your work.

Cheers.

hrgiger
09-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Nice RH!

Megalodon2.0
09-06-2013, 07:55 PM
This is OBSCENELY inexpensive. I do virtually no rigging, but I WILL be buying this.

Very impressive!

RebelHill
09-06-2013, 08:07 PM
This is OBSCENELY inexpensive. I do virtually no rigging, but I WILL be buying this.

Very impressive!

Cheers.

And it is for the moment. I am, currently, still finishing the last pickup edits, upolads and getting links ready, so atm there's a few hours yet before it fully goes live if folk wanna take the last chance to grab it at pre-buy price.

spherical
09-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Ordered! Thanks! Now rigging will no longer be a black box around here.

GoatDude
09-06-2013, 08:58 PM
just upgraded. Looks like lots of interesting new stuff

khan973
09-06-2013, 09:13 PM
What? Where, How?
I love it, I want to pre buy, how to do that please?

stevmjon
09-06-2013, 09:30 PM
www.rebelhill.net/rhr

click the youtube button on the video in the first post, then when you are redirected to youtube, the link is listed in the video description.

thanks rebel hill for your efforts and contribution to the LW community.
I just ordered it. looking forward to it.

stevmjon

Electrocaseal
09-07-2013, 12:25 AM
i know a lot of people sell training videos like this. im just curious why youtube says you cant monetize videos of programs. seems weird.

geo_n
09-07-2013, 12:31 AM
www.rebelhill.net/rhr

click the youtube button on the video in the first post, then when you are redirected to youtube, the link is listed in the video description.

thanks rebel hill for your efforts and contribution to the LW community.
I just ordered it. looking forward to it.

stevmjon

The link is forbidden.

omichon
09-07-2013, 12:42 AM
Awesome news RH and congrats for the great work !
I had great confidence in the quality of it (based on the free Foundations chapter and your previous trainings), so I pre-ordered it a couple of months ago.
I could probably wait a couple of days more for the links :)

omichon
09-07-2013, 12:44 AM
The link is forbidden.

Just try from the home page (http://www.rebelhill.net) or this direct link (http://www.rebelhill.net/html/rhr.html)

geo_n
09-07-2013, 12:54 AM
Thanks I was looking for the discount for existing customers.

omichon
09-07-2013, 01:00 AM
Thanks I was looking for the discount for existing customers.

Yep, just look at the bottom of the direct link from my previous post :)

vector
09-07-2013, 02:49 AM
That shoulder rig is almost magic

dballesg
09-07-2013, 04:00 AM
Cheers.

And it is for the moment. I am, currently, still finishing the last pickup edits, upolads and getting links ready, so atm there's a few hours yet before it fully goes live if folk wanna take the last chance to grab it at pre-buy price.

Just upgraded. Can't wait! :) I sent some info to your emai Craig.

Cheers,
David

motivalex
09-07-2013, 04:56 AM
I have placed an order. Looks like I am going to learn a lot of cool useful stuff. Thanks.

kfinla
09-07-2013, 06:55 AM
Just purchased my upgrade. Cool to see 11.6 in there.

Spinland
09-07-2013, 07:16 AM
Ordered. Looking forward to seeing how one of the masters does this!

OnlineRender
09-07-2013, 07:42 AM
craig hock me up with a link to buy the other url is down atm

djwaterman
09-07-2013, 08:30 AM
RebelHill, any reason why you haven't got yourself listed in the officially recognized Lightwave 3rd party page of the LW website? RHRigit feels like it should be there, I assume you have decided against it.

Eagle66
09-07-2013, 08:39 AM
My main problem with RH Rigging - Training is that it is an advanced level. You do rigging for many years but you are not a teacher. You don't make a tutorials as teacher but rather as an advanced rigger.

Many things like shortcuts or press ctrl, shift or select a handle are quite natural for you, but beginners can't follow because all is to fast IMHO....

omichon
09-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Well, don't take it too badly but it is the first time I see somebody complaining about a training to be too advanced especially regarding rigging in LW :D
For sure rigging could be a complex thing, especially if you don't do it on a every day basis (I speak for myself).
This training is already over 20 hours long, so imagine how it would be if it has to detail every shortcut or sub command involved.
Saying Craig is not a good teacher is a bit harsh, IMO. The free Rigging Foundations tutorials but also the one about nodes are some really invaluable resources.
Maybe you should find some more basic training on this topic, then come back later to really appreciate this one ?

Ryan Roye
09-07-2013, 10:42 AM
You do rigging for many years but you are not a teacher. You don't make a tutorials as teacher but rather as an advanced rigger.

I think RH demonstrated nicely in the promo video that he covers both simple and advanced standard Lightwave rigging concepts/methods. Things like shortcuts and (if he covers it) simplistic automation scripts the average joe can make helps production become many times faster... there's no reason to do a series of steps over and over again if the outcome is always the same. Given the content is "20 hours" worth, I'd have a hard time believing it is fast paced at all.

Its just me, but the biggest benefit I see from RH's rigging style lies in providing user-friendliness. Meaning you could construct a rig as shown in his content, and then give it to another animator and they won't have to "learn" your way of animating in order to actually use the rig. This of course has its advantages and disadvantages.

mataori
09-08-2013, 03:03 AM
great! now I'm downloading. but...hmm too slow bit rate.It'll take 24hours maybe. meanwhile I'll review version1.

madno
09-08-2013, 03:22 AM
Bought it.
Will there be an email when released?

erikals
09-08-2013, 04:50 AM
That shoulder rig is almost magic

http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/king.gif i didn't think such a shoulder rig was possible.

BigHache
09-08-2013, 06:18 AM
Bought it.
Will there be an email when released?

I pre-ordered when RH first announced this and got my download email last night. So yes you will get an email with your download links and I imagine it will not be far off.

Between this, Python, and anatomy I have no idea how I'm going to have time to get it all in. :/

RebelHill
09-08-2013, 06:41 AM
Well hey all... So pleased with the response, and that y'all seem to like what Ive got here.

All links so far, dispatched... so thats good. Not sure whats up with your download speed there Mataori... its the same server as the original series was posted on... maybe just a bad time and itll pick up again later.

Next job is to track back through recent purchasers prior to announcement of this and put links together for them... so if you're one of, dont worry, Im getting on it.

Otherwise, am very glad you seem pleased... do please let me (and others) know what you think of the series when you've had a chance to take a better look.

Cheers.

omichon
09-08-2013, 06:49 AM
Thanks again RH ! Download went fine here. Hope to find some time this week to start watching it :)
Cheers.

jeric_synergy
09-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Many things like shortcuts or press ctrl, shift or select a handle are quite natural for you, but beginners can't follow because all is to fast IMHO....
I feel sympathy, but you must remember YOU control the playback. Play it back as slowly or as often as you like. If your playback software has bookmarks, set them up to facilitate review.

Certainly I've played things over and over until it finally sunk in, and in general I find a brisk pace better than a slow one.

Spinland
09-08-2013, 10:57 AM
This might be a facepalm sort of question but I've never seen this before and searching (including through the menu items) is turning up nothing useful so here goes:

How did you turn on this display showing the mini-grid of the currently-used coordinate system?

RebelHill
09-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Its just using item shape, or 3 instances thereof, each showing a grid in either the x,y,z respectively.

ecsegar
09-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Though I really haven't done any real rigging yet, I've found RH's free resources so informative, I'm sure this will be a great value.

yep, they are packed with information, you don't sit there waiting for him to make the next point, ...

downloads a little slow right now, gonna take a while!

Spinland
09-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Its just using item shape, or 3 instances thereof, each showing a grid in either the x,y,z respectively.

Got it, thanks.

First ah-hah moment: After your discussion about asymmetrical parent space scaling in the "space" video I now completely understand how the trick for rotating non-spherical cartoon eyes works. Very cool!

I've learned rigging in such an ad hoc manner, the fundamentals series is already filling in important gaps in my understanding.

RebelHill
09-08-2013, 01:08 PM
I've learned rigging in such an ad hoc manner

The same is true for a lot of folks I think. Its the main reason I prefer to put together broader training such as this so as folk have it all in a single place and all the tricks make some kinda sense.

WilliamVaughan
09-08-2013, 02:10 PM
The training looks impressive. RH's training should be required viewing for anyone wanting to rig in LW!

Kryslin
09-08-2013, 02:40 PM
One very minor nitpick - after downloading, I had to grab a copy of winrar to put the zipped archives back together. 7zip wouldn't handle it.

Beyond that, looks very good. I'll be watching all week, to see what new things I can learn.

Spinland
09-08-2013, 02:46 PM
One very minor nitpick - after downloading, I had to grab a copy of winrar to put the zipped archives back together. 7zip wouldn't handle it.

On the Mac side I had to reassemble the volumes using Stuffit, the normal OS X Archive tool didn't work. Just in case anyone else runs into that.

Spinland
09-08-2013, 02:54 PM
I prefer to put together broader training such as this...

I haven't even completed all the fundamentals videos and already they alone are worth the price. Excellent.

chikega
09-08-2013, 07:36 PM
The training looks impressive. RH's training should be required viewing for anyone wanting to rig in LW!

I second that! :)

hrgiger
09-09-2013, 06:07 PM
I ordered the training. I'm getting fairly slow download speeds. only about 50-60 KB/s. Not sure why. My connection is a 30 Mbps connecton.

allabulle
09-10-2013, 03:45 AM
Nice job RebelHill. I'm watching the videos and so far I find them excellent. Congratulations.

I agree with Spinland when he says "I've learned rigging in such an ad hoc manner, the fundamentals series is already filling in important gaps in my understanding." I'm also understanding something I was doing wrong in other packages I use along LightWave thanks to this videos.

For the next round, we might want to buy him a better mic, though. The audio on the videos is perfectly fine, but I've heard better sound (and much worse too, truth be told.)

Simon-S
09-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Bought the Rigging tuts a couple of hours ago and still no download link?

Waves of light
09-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Wow, the demo video is very impressive.

Kryslin
09-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Bought the Rigging tuts a couple of hours ago and still no download link?

If he has to respond to each request, you may have caught him getting ready for dinner. :) 10am CST (UTC-6) would be 5pm in Jersey, UK. (UTC +1).

Fsoto
09-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Thanks RH,

Tutorial is jam-packed with instructions

Mac os x 10.6.8
2x2.66
26 gb

Simon-S
09-10-2013, 02:17 PM
If he has to respond to each request, you may have caught him getting ready for dinner. :) 10am CST (UTC-6) would be 5pm in Jersey, UK. (UTC +1).

He he, thanks - just downloading now ;)

Simon-S
09-10-2013, 03:05 PM
Can anyone guide me with extracting the.z01 etc files please? I cant seem to extract using winrar or 7-zip.

RebelHill
09-10-2013, 03:29 PM
winrar should do fine... Open the main .zip and the parts will open with as though one.

Simon-S
09-10-2013, 03:40 PM
Great thanks.

Sebasvideo
09-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Hello, I'm trying to follow the Hierarchies video but I'm a beginner in Lightwave (and 3D software in general) so I can't figure out what am I doing wrong with respect to the Genoma plugins from Lino Grandi, as menu choices are not the same for me.

So I downloaded the Genoma_Tools.zip from Lino's "Genoma Updates and related plugins" thread, unzipped them and moved them to C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave11.6\support\plugins\genoma with LW closed. I opened the Edit Plugins module, clicked on File and verified that all of them are present.

I also installed the RH_Animate_Menu.cfg and RH_Rig_Menu.cfg files as shown in the Introduction video. As for the Assign_Tools_Pack_v1.2, I dropped it on C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave11.6\support\plugins\scripts \LScript which seemed the right place since it has a lot of scripts with the same extension.

But in Rebel Hill's Hierarchies video, at 3:50, he talks about the "Add Genoma Motion" plugin, the button for which is in the Rig menu, right below "Move Pivot" in his screen, but for me, this is what I have:

So I'm wondering why I don't have that. However, his version doesn't seem to have anything in the Genoma section of the same menu, while mine as you can see not only has the Create Rig and Update Rig, it also has the three plugins, and clicking on the Motion button seems to open the same module that he opens with the "Add Genoma Motion" button.

Can anyone make this clear for me? Sorry if it's obvious, I'm too new to this.

Thanks

RebelHill
09-12-2013, 04:37 AM
Ah yep... The menu's were turned a little backwards there, but it is the same tool you're after. The menus are easily reorganised, so dont always worry about not having things in the same places as other folk... things'll either be somewhere else, or jsut need adding.

However the menu layout you donloaded and added (the RH Rig menu) does have listed all the tools/buttons mentioned in the videos, so no real hunting needed to find things.

Spinland
09-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Okay, so I must be dense. Here's what I want to work out how to do using the same as item constraints to simulate dynamic parenting, but I'm not getting it: ball sits on a table. Hand (at the end of an IK chain) reaches down and picks up ball, then throws it.

So, the ball is first parented to the scene (or the table, or whatever), then becomes parented to some part of the IK hand rig (presumably one of the hand bones) so it moves with the hand, then becomes parented to the scene again so it can fly away on its own. I've reviewed the same as item videos in this training series, and the props video, and even the version of the constraints video on YouTube and I simply do not see how that linking of rig nulls to each other gets done in a sequential fashion in different frames in a timeline, nor how it works when the item getting dynamically reparented is a prop and not some null or part of a second rig.

Is there some way to strip this down to the bare essentials so it makes more sense to my limited grasp of what's going on? My head is about to explode.

Many thanks in advance!

RebelHill
09-17-2013, 05:23 AM
how that linking of rig nulls to each other gets done in a sequential fashion in different frames in a timeline, nor how it works when the item getting dynamically reparented is a prop and not some null or part of a second rig.

Well... sequence... Thats basically just the blending envelope. You key off the constraint to either be at 100 or 0% at whatever time... ad there it is... animated. So for your example, you'd have the constraint setup, blend at 0 until pick up, switch it to 100... now he's holding it, when he wants to let go... key it back to 0 again.

As for how it works on this item, or that item as different to any other... it really doesnt. Remember, when dealing with constraints, motions, etc in layout... all items are just items... pivot points. Makes no odds if that pivot point has a null or a mesh or a bone "attached" to it.

You sound like you're having fun with it all though... so thats a good thing.

Spinland
09-17-2013, 05:49 AM
Thanks, RH, very much appreciate the extra pointers.

corny
09-17-2013, 08:02 AM
Heheee:) just bought it.....waiting for the link..heheee

chikega
09-17-2013, 08:55 PM
I'm waiting for the link as well ;)

VermilionCat
09-17-2013, 11:37 PM
Me too!

RebelHill
09-18-2013, 06:44 PM
So... Ive finally dug right through the 2013 sales, and have sent out links for the free upgrade to all purchasers for this year... so should all be "level" now.

If anyone's not so received... do let me know and I'll sort you out.

Cheers.

jeric_synergy
09-18-2013, 07:31 PM
clicka clicka clicka...."DAMN, 9/2012! Shoot!" >8^)

marchermitte
02-06-2014, 05:50 AM
Hello there!
I'm almost 3/4 through the nodal course but It's so complete and goes so deep into the node editor that I will have to watch and practice for a little while until I'll say I'm done with It. It's so concentrated, (at least for me as I never used a lot of the nodes except for texturing...) I remember purchasing videos with a mentor that try stuffs out before explaining that this or that doesnt really work, kind of improvising along... the rebelhill course is nothing like that, the guy knows his matter and where he's going , even too fast sometimes, you have to pause or come back to catchup but you won't feel sleepy or bored (as that happened to me so many times following tutorials), overwelmed maybe by how far some of the tutos go (like the nodal car rig).
My only critic if I needed to be super picky would be that the sound is sometimes uneven (but totaly understandable at all time) and the content scenes could come with the start scenes included (you just have to desactivate or delete the nodes before starting to follow the tuto as only the final scene is provided) but those are details. I also bought the rigiIt plugin and... those are the best investments I've done this year on Lightwave.

pinkmouse
02-06-2014, 05:57 AM
I've watched through the nodal stuff at least thrice now, and I still learn something new every time! :)

allabulle
02-06-2014, 07:26 AM
Me too. And I like his style a lot too.

RebelHill
02-07-2014, 10:02 AM
As usual... Im so very glad all y'all like it (even if this isnt the nodal thread :p ). And yes, the chief aim of how I approach structuring this (and my other trainings) is to go right from the basics through to complex (and arguably confusing) setups and workflows... Hopefully like this youll find that there's plenty of basics you can start out with and get to grips with quickly, and as your skills and confidence increase, that the training can "scale" with you, helping you go deeper and deeper at your own pace.

Cheers.

JBT27
02-09-2014, 05:34 AM
As a tutorial style, it is very dense, and arguably confusing after only one or two views, unless you just happen to get this stuff - but it is a solid way to teach and learn, especially at your own pace with video tuts, opposed to a classroom where you have no choice. It works for me, and I like them a lot - the rigging and the nodal courses.

Julian.

pablogrca1
05-15-2014, 01:55 PM
Just got mine today! Yippie!!! Can't wait to watch the tutorials of RHRv2 and do some animating. Thanks Craig!

chikega
05-15-2014, 09:46 PM
I bought mine when it first came out and I'm still plodding through it ... very dense and concentrated stuff which is a good thing. I find myself reviewing the beginning videos multiple times and learning something new each time. Maybe it's old age ... things aren't sticking to my brain like they used to :)

pablogrca1
05-15-2014, 11:58 PM
Ha, you're still a kid Gary. I'm not a young man anymore so I'll probably be watching the vids constantly and replaying by the second until it finally sticks...if it ever does. ;)

pablogrca1
05-16-2014, 12:32 AM
Hey Craig, a few of the videos in the tools folder are corrupt it says when I extracted using winrar. The mov files are tools/18, 19, 20 and 21.
Can I get just these 4 videos please
Thanks

sami
05-17-2014, 06:35 AM
... I remember purchasing videos with a mentor that try stuffs out before explaining that this or that doesnt really work, kind of improvising along...

You must be talking about the Adam Gibson training - maybe he's a nice guy, but boy was that training worthless - he was totally experimenting in the videos and would say stuff like "let's see if this works" and "I'm not sure why this does this" and he'd be hitting Undo in the video. Maybe his other stuff is better, the videos of his I bought were not of an instructor - they were of a dude messing around in a program with a screen capture tool on. Very disappointing. I wouldn't mind if it was a free youtube video but for $ it was a waste.

RebelHill on the other hand knows the material like the back of his hand! He conveys it simply and succinctly and even tells you the why behind the how - his videos are invaluable and SAVE you time and money. I used to teach LW in NYC and 10 days of LW training in a small class was $thousands of dollars for our students! Rebel Hill gives you similar "one on one" in-depth training - making complex topics easy - but for a fraction of the price!! You really get a bargain with him - especially if your time = money.

My only very minor critique of a few his videos if I had one, is that the audio isn't totally perfect and maybe compressed too much or slightly muddy/echoy from a bad mic (laptop?) which sometimes means turning up the volume, using headphones, or occasionally rewinding. But good stuff and he is a true domain expert on the subject matter.

pablogrca1
05-17-2014, 08:34 PM
Hey Craig, a few of the videos in the tools folder are corrupt it says when I extracted using winrar. The mov files are tools/18, 19, 20 and 21.
Can I get just these 4 videos please
Thanks

Never mind, I downloaded the 2 "T" files again and it's all good now. Thanks

Julez4001
01-10-2015, 08:44 PM
Just bough the nodal, rhiggit and training courses.
I am attempting to move all my character animation from Messiah back into lightwave.
After 7 years, it looks like Newtek has caught up significantly.

OlaHaldor
01-12-2015, 02:04 PM
Just purchased RHR and RHA myself. Really looking forward to it. Even though I'm taking a 1 year course for Maya, I still go back to LW for the final touches and rendering. Just can't let go of LW! And I have a strong feeling these tutorials will keep me in the game for a long time :)

Fsoto
01-16-2015, 11:49 AM
Rh, thanks for demystifying Motion Mixer; I love it!

Elfedelazik
02-09-2015, 10:55 AM
RHA, RHN, RHR…. Thank you and congratulations for the top work. Never felt that my money has been invested a better way.
What about a RHM in the same vein for…modeling ?

jeric_synergy
11-06-2015, 11:28 AM
Very much enjoying my RHRigging content, my only nitpick would be the audio level seems a bit low. On my laptop/earbuds, 100% audio all around is only just understandable, esp. with any ambient noise.

But content-wise, cannot be faulted. :thumbsup:

Schwyhart
11-06-2015, 01:05 PM
Do you have a Mac? This has always been a problem for me. Mac laptops never seem to pump enough juice to the speakers, so I bought an app on called Boom. It works great..If you're interested, be sure to look for Boom 2.0

jeric_synergy
11-06-2015, 05:24 PM
Do you have a Mac?
Nope: a Lenovo hand-me-down. Now I'm all envious.

In the past, I think w/QT-Pro, I could permanently up the volume IN the file, but with QT-free that is not an option.

allabulle
11-07-2015, 05:58 AM
Also with VLC you can pump up the volume quite a lot.

jeric_synergy
11-07-2015, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the tip.

jeric_synergy
11-22-2015, 11:45 AM
Got around to dl'ing VLC, and it does indeed go to "125%" on audio (is that a real thing?), and it seems a bit louder, but still not quite enough for comfortable listening in a public environment.

I'll probably use AE to re-encode RH's stuff at a louder volume :) Thanks for the VLC tip, I should have installed that long ago.

haroldini
11-23-2015, 12:16 PM
If you're still keeping up with the thread RebelHill, is there some way to access the rigs/models you use in the facial rigging portion? I'm using the most recent iteration of the training and I can't seem to find Romeo or the Odd Father in what I've downloaded.

Other than that, I love this training. Learning a tremendous amount of awesome stuff.

Schwyhart
08-13-2016, 07:51 PM
Has anyone had issues unzipping the files on Mac? Several of the downloads came in without an extension, so I added a ".zip" and when I unzip it a get a similar file but it's extension is ".cpgz"

jwiede
08-13-2016, 08:02 PM
Has anyone had issues unzipping the files on Mac? Several of the downloads came in without an extension, so I added a ".zip" and when I unzip it a get a similar file but it's extension is ".cpgz"

Not here, 10.11.5, not even seeing any extension-less files. What did you use to decompress? I'm using Entropy.

wesleycorgi
08-13-2016, 11:08 PM
I've never had issues on my Mac

RebelHill
08-13-2016, 11:46 PM
try just the one(s) with the .zip extension, leave the others as are, and try stuffit.

Spinland
08-14-2016, 04:19 AM
FWIW I've never liked the native OS X archive app. I've used Stuffit (very good) and currently use Forklift (various reason) and in that context haven't had trouble with any of the RH archives.

Schwyhart
08-14-2016, 09:02 PM
OSX's Archive Utility doesn't work. I downloaded Extractor from the app store (free) and it worked.
Thanks everyone.

Spinland
08-15-2016, 05:06 AM
:thumbsup:

ianr
08-15-2016, 06:18 AM
I Always use VLC , great for trailering in loop, its got a Marshall Volume 11 Knob
Embedded in there somewhere

Spinland
08-15-2016, 06:25 AM
its got a Marshall Volume 11 Knob
Embedded in there somewhere

"But...this one goes to eleven!" :rock:

Yoshi-Hide
08-16-2016, 07:41 AM
Hi,
I watched RHFace video.
I have question of nodal motion in 04_ControlsBasics.
Where is "BoneInfo" node?
My nodal motion's ItemInfo node doesn't have input port.

Sorry, I couldn't find RHFace thread.

RebelHill
08-16-2016, 09:48 AM
Its a DP node you need there...

http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/nodes/Additionnal_Nodes_2.html

Kryslin
08-16-2016, 09:53 AM
BoneInfo is a part of the DP Kit nodes, which is a free plugin.

They can be downloaded here : http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/nodes/Additionnal_Nodes_2.html

You will probably need to download and install the TrueArt node pack as well. This is also a free plugin, and is available from True Art here:
http://www2.trueart.pl/?URIType=Directory&URI=Products/Plug-Ins/TrueArt%20Node%20Library

It appears the RH Face thread is buried someplace around here. It exists, but I haven't seen it either.

From my purchase confirmation: http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?150409-RH-Face-Rigging-Tutorials-Released!

Yoshi-Hide
08-16-2016, 06:07 PM
Thank you! RebelHill & Kryslin

unstable
08-17-2016, 02:21 PM
I haven't been through this whole thread so I hope I'm not repeating question. But I see there is RHA and the new RHR tutorial. Is the RHR tutorial an update of the RHA? In other words, would there be much benefit to buying both or will the RHA suffice? My experience in rigging is near null. Which isn't surprising since most of my other skills are about at the same level. :D

Kryslin
08-18-2016, 12:33 AM
RHR is the rigging training; RHA is a set of animation training; You do not need one for the other.

RH's training is excellent, so you wouldn't go wrong with getting both; they just cover different subjects.

Spinland
08-18-2016, 05:09 AM
RHR is the rigging training; RHA is a set of animation training; You do not need one for the other.

RH's training is excellent, so you wouldn't go wrong with getting both; they just cover different subjects.

Quoted for agreement. I fully endorse picking up the lot.

mballard
02-15-2017, 06:54 PM
Anybody have issues and answers to getting the licence file entered. I bought Rhiggit Pro. I believe I have evrything , the plugins and riggit file and licence key, where they are supposed to be but when clicking BodyBuilder I still get error. What Ihave done is open in program files, LW 2015.3 _support_plugins_I put RHiggitPro file in,all plugins are in as well as RHData folder and I put the RHPLicence.key in there. I click on Bodybuilder and get the Licence file not found error.

mballard
02-16-2017, 07:22 AM
Fixed, I had somehow created a second file with the plugins and didnt have the data/licence file in the one LW was looking at. RebelHill has been great

mcrumble
04-10-2019, 09:49 AM
Thanks Craig for the wonderful tutorials (RHR). I've made it through the Foundations and Tools sections and found a lot of useful information. Ive been rigging in other programs for over a decade now and look forward to learning the tools in LW. I've run into an issue, I'm sure it's operator error, but with the SimpleBiped video I get an unwanted result after using the Record Bone Rest Position tool. I've completed the bones up to that point without problem. But every time I use the RBRP tool the mesh deforms to about 1/10th of the size. I've looked at the mesh scale and it's set to 1.0 for each channel. I've tried setting keys for each channel at 0 frame before using the tool. I've tried not setting keys. I even loaded a different mesh into Layout thinking maybe I had messed the SimpleMan mesh up. I am really frustrated with myself as I could not find any similar problems/solutions on forums. If anyone has an idea it would be greatly appreciated.