PDA

View Full Version : Allow representation of colour channels units in graph editor to be user selectable

inkpen3d
09-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Hi folks,

Just thought I'd post here that I've raised a feature request via Fogbugz (#65192) to change the annoying percentage representation of colour channel values in the graph editor to user selectable units (e.g. 0 to 255+).

Here's the text of my feature request:
"I've just gone through the tedious task of setting envelopes for the colour channels for various objects. The fact that the colour values in the graph editor are represented as percentage values rather than the usual 0 - 255+ is a real productivity killer - you have to convert each R,G, and B value from its 0 - 255 representation to a percentage, which takes an awful lot of time and leaves plenty of room for errors to creep in!

Would it be possible to enable the representation of the colour channels to be user selectable (e.g. percentage, 0 - 255, HSV)? This would really be a huge productivity booster if you could get it into the next LW11.6 release!"

So, does anyone else find using percentage units for colour channels awkward and cumbersome (especially when constructing complex colour change envelopes), or it just me? :D

Regards,
Peter

nickdigital
09-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Good feature request. I'm used to selecting the keyframe and specifying the color via the color picker but being able to dial in the rgb number would be handy too.

inkpen3d
09-07-2013, 06:44 AM
Thanks. I have to admit that I wasn't aware that you could bring up the colour picker by right-clicking on the keyframe - as they say, you learn something new every day! However, that doesn't alter the fact that to have the colour channel values displayed as percentages is not at all useful especially when the vast majority of users are used to setting colours using RGB values in the range 0 - 255+ or their corresponding HSV values.