PDA

View Full Version : How do you Multishift on objects with holes in them?

raw-m
09-05-2013, 08:05 AM
As the titles states. Got 40+ layers and was hoping to just run Multishift and be done! Trouble is I get the result as attached - something to do with the way the polys join after I've cut a hole in them. I'd rather not have to go through all the layers and weld the points together!

Any solution?

JoePoe
09-06-2013, 11:24 AM
I'd like to help but have to admit I'm not exactly sure what the problem is.

How are you cutting in the holes? If it's a Boolean operation, it's always a good idea to do a quick merge. Maybe that'll clean up the problem points.

Chrusion
09-07-2013, 07:24 AM
Change both MS contour options for grouping polys until you get a combo where the hole connector edge is included in the op. And/or make sure the two end points of the hole connecter edge are welded.

raw-m
09-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Well that's annoying! Thanks for chiming in everyone but now I've found a bit of time to analyse what my issue was it now appears to be working as you'd expect.

All I can think of is that the basis of the model was an imported eps file and perhaps a few stray points didn't merge properly. Ended up Welding Average and tripling the non-planar polys at the time so it got done, just a bit slower than it should!