PDA

View Full Version : 3play 4800 - speed playback and live cam

rsnooks
09-04-2013, 11:36 PM
Hey. I'm hoping someone can help me out with a few 4800 questions. I'm a new 4800 user but I've been using the 330 for a few years and I immediately noticed there wasn't a default speed option on the control panel for the clips to play out (25-75%). I do realized that I can adjust the t-bar down as the clips plays out but since I almost always use 50% does anyone know how to make this the default speed. Also, call me crazy, but I'm wondering how to change the live view angle to something other than camera 1. You must be able to do it but I can't figure out how. Thanks everyone and I hope someone can help.

rsnooks
09-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Found my live question - Tip: When LIVE is delegated, select specific inputs by pressing number pad buttons on the Control Surface while holding down the ANGLE button

Chuck
09-05-2013, 05:48 PM
I checked with development and support, and got the following information:

It's true, for video you are recording, or playing from the Clips list, 4800 provides no direct way to pull speed to an exact setting (such as, say, 50%) . (The Playlist does allow for speed to be set, but not as easily as by pushing a preset button).

Instead, the T-Bar will start and stop playback and ramp speed up or down dynamically according to your manipulations. So, you would select a clip, and simply push the T-bar to about mid-way in its travel - it will ramp up progressively to the speed represented by the T-bar position in response... close, but perhaps no cigar.

We do not disagree that there really ought to be a simple way to start a clip playing at an exact pre-determined speed. Although you can do this in the Clip list, that's not always what you want. We would encourage the end-user to put this into Fogbugz as a feature request very quickly, with full details on how he would like to see such a feature operate, as we'd like to get it into review for consideration for our future developments.

rsnooks
09-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Thanks a lot Chuck!

kanep
09-07-2013, 01:19 PM
We would encourage the end-user to put this into Fogbugz as a feature request very quickly, with full details on how he would like to see such a feature operate, as we'd like to get it into review for consideration for our future developments.

I have Fogbugz a request for this feature a little bit ago, with my details on how it should operate. Not to stop someone else from doing the same, they might have a better ideas on how it should be implemented.

SBowie
09-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Kane, is the case you're referring to #62511?

kanep
09-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Yes, that is the case I submitted.