PDA

View Full Version : Genoma preset isn´t there!

jaxtone
09-04-2013, 01:13 AM
I watched Lino Grandi´s videotutorial “LightWave 3D NevronMotion - Using the
Genoma Preset Rig” located at “http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhcU2V9H1UU”
and noticed that my version of LW 11.6 miss crucial parts. Please watch the
attached image that describes the problem and please get back to me as soon
as possible if you or someone else can come up with a solution!

Jack

BeeVee
09-04-2013, 07:26 AM
The Genoma Nevron rig is in the NevronMotion zip. In the Genoma folder you have plugin and rig. Copy the contents of the rigs folder into your support\genoma folder.

B

jaxtone
09-04-2013, 08:37 AM
Hi BeeVee!

Well, I read your advice, but tell me what to do when the installation process created more than one, more than two and more than three folders that are named as Genoma? Which are for what?

I just wrote this answer for Lino but I want you to read it is well since I actually do not know which folder is the correct one and have no skills to know if more things are messed up by the installation! Ok, as long as the tutorials can´t be followed because of missing parts in the software installation it is easy, but how would I know if or if not everything´s in order from case to case. I wish I had more skills in software programming, oh no, that was just a joke. I am pleased as long as the stuff just works ok :)

(Hi Lino! It is very confusing that some of the plug in parts and presets for Genoma and NevronMotion have ended up in different directories on my computer. Actually I haven´t got a clue where the correct location shall be.

Now when you told me that the spelling of the name that was so hard to see at your tutorial should be "Nevron_Genoma_Rig" it was easy to locate it but not where all the other presets could be found. The "Nevron_Genoma_Rig" preset was located at (c:/Users/Jack/Newtek/11.6/plugins/NevronMotion_Win64/Genoma/rigs) but all the other content that actually are displayed correctly in Layout where located in (C:/ProgramFiles/NewTek/Lightwave11.6/support/genoma/rigs/Complex_Rigs/Bipeds)

Strange that the installation created such a mess since I just let it install itself by automation. I will of course move the "Nevron_Genoma_Rig" preset where all other preset files have been installed but I wonder if there might be other files that also are dislocated. Since I am pretty much a rookie at everything that is going on under the surface of a software it´s impossible to know if it´s me or failures in the software that creates distraction!

Any advices?)

BeeVee
09-04-2013, 09:24 AM
The NevronMotion zip I have contains two folders. One is bin, the other Genoma. In the genoma folder there are two further folders, plugins and rigs. In the plugins folder there is a plugin called CreateNevronMotionCapture.lsc that should go in your \support\plugins\genoma folder. Inside the rigs folder there are two files (Nevron_Genoma_Rig.lwo and Nevron_Genoma_Rig.txt) that should go in your \support\genoma\rigs\Complex_Rigs\Bipeds folder. The contents of the bin folder should all go in <username>\.NewTek\LightWave\11.6\plugins.

Hope this helps,

B
PS. There will be an automated installer for NevronMotion when final, right now it's manual.

jaxtone
09-12-2013, 01:41 AM
Ben! Can you help cause nothing is working here! I guess Lino´s got a lot of support issues but please take a look of this link, download the file and see if it´s me or the file that are missing something?

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?137558-HELP!-Nevron-is-dead-or-have-a-prefix-disability!

BeeVee
09-12-2013, 03:24 AM
Hey Jack,

What is this file? A NevronMotion preset?

B

BeeVee
09-12-2013, 03:37 AM
Okay, looked at the original thread. As Lino said, you need to put this with the other NevronMotion presets for it to work. For me the path is C:\Users\BeeVee\.NewTek\LightWave\11.6\ NevronMotionPresets, yours will be the same apart from the username.

B

jaxtone
09-12-2013, 04:07 AM
BeeVee! You might think why I bother you with this, it´s kind of double action to involve you to? Well, since four eyes see more than...
Please look at the thread again and see my reply!

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?137558-HELP!-Nevron-is-dead-or-have-a-prefix-disability!&p=1344532#post1344532