PDA

View Full Version : Strange head!

jaxtone
09-03-2013, 06:09 AM
This is what came out from an export from iClone to an obj file of a male character!

I just picked the head out from the whole character since it doesnīt seem to contain any polys!

What on earth might have happend with the character... it doesnīt look nornal, some of the parts of this head are kind of reverted and no lights affects it in a proper way?

When this was exported from iClone there were even created an *.mtl file but I guess this is always created when exporting an obj-file! I didnīt even care about that file and I guess that was the right thing to do?

Regards
Jack

prometheus
09-03-2013, 10:20 AM
I donīt see any errors at all in the geometry, I do see different results if you turn it to subpatch or leave it as it is. when you are workin in modeler, keep in that the model has vertex normal maps applied, so that affects how modeler shows it.
in Layout it looks decent and I canīt see any reverted geometry or strange light of any kind.

Michael

prometheus
09-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Edit... if you work in layout, and use subpatched head, it will look fine, if you uses non subpatched the light information on the vertex will be wrong, you could turn off the vertex normal map in surface editor called benny_normal if
you use lowe resolution that is non subpatched, then it will render fine too.

Michael

jaxtone
09-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Michael! Thanks a lot! It made me smile instead of crying! I am very pleased with you effort in helping me out of this strange situation that had itīs own logical explanation!

Regards
Jack

prometheus
09-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Michael! Thanks a lot! It made me smile instead of crying! I am very pleased with you effort in helping me out of this strange situation that had itīs own logical explanation!

Regards
Jack

Glad to be of service and if it helped you.
Michael