PDA

View Full Version : Tips of where to find FBX or BVH files for free!

jaxtone
09-03-2013, 03:09 AM
I have no intention to use my Kinect gadget at all at the moment! I just wanna try how well my version on Nevron works in LW 11.6!

So, is there anyone out there with valuable information about where I can find a lot of FBX/BVH files to play around with I really would appreciate that!

I know some years ago there was a website where you were offered to download hundreds of files but I just donīt remember where it was located!

Regards
Jack

Davewriter
09-03-2013, 08:01 PM
The first one that comes to mind is...
http://mocap.cs.cmu.edu/

Has a few hundred to get you started with ;)

jaxtone
09-03-2013, 11:12 PM
Hi Davewriter!

Thanks a lot!

lino.grandi
09-04-2013, 01:38 AM
Here you can find a huge collection of BVH files:

https://sites.google.com/a/cgspeed.com/cgspeed/motion-capture/cmu-bvh-conversion

jaxtone
09-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Lino!

I downloaded at lot of BVH files from the link you gave me but now I got another question! When trying to "import" these into the lightwave scene with the Genoma and Nevron active nothing happends. It seems like BVH isnt even an option in the import list in LW. I notice you just used FBX files, is LW limited of use when it comes to BVH I must ask for another link to only FBX motion files! This feels awkward since I understood it as LW could handle even the BVH format. Or have I missed something else here?

J

lino.grandi
09-04-2013, 01:13 PM
You should use the BVH import option you can find under File/Import. ;)

jaxtone
09-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Hi Lino!

It still doesnīt work. The whole process fail after the "add prefix" and "retarget" part of the tutorial!

I would like to attach a rar for you to see if itīs the BVH I downloaded or if itīs something wrong with the name I chose for the "prefix", or if its other parts that are missing after my installation! But since rar-file is about 6 MB this forum blocks it. Can I mail it to you instead? Send me a mail to [email protected] and Iīll reply directly with attached info!

Regards
Jack

CaptainMarlowe
09-05-2013, 12:52 PM
If you have only one character, you shouldn't bother about getting a prefix name.

lino.grandi
09-09-2013, 02:20 AM
Hi Lino!

It still doesnīt work. The whole process fail after the "add prefix" and "retarget" part of the tutorial!

I would like to attach a rar for you to see if itīs the BVH I downloaded or if itīs something wrong with the name I chose for the "prefix", or if its other parts that are missing after my installation! But since rar-file is about 6 MB this forum blocks it. Can I mail it to you instead? Send me a mail to [email protected] and Iīll reply directly with attached info!

Regards
Jack

You can use [email protected] .;)

jaxtone
09-09-2013, 03:59 AM
Thanks Lino!

SPICE
09-12-2013, 05:53 AM
@ Lino
I have the same problems as jaxtone.
FBX works fine... BVH not!

Please tell us what did u find in Jacks scene
Thx

jaxtone
09-12-2013, 06:11 AM
SPICE, then you are luckier than me cause here non of these both formats work!

Jack