PDA

View Full Version : Gollum Project

erikals
09-02-2013, 06:06 AM
Pure mocap, No keyframe!

http://vimeo.com/72803884#

fun note >

Not every part of Visserot’s set-up was consumer-level, however. The mocap data itself was generated with Movimento, originally a $19,000 application when RealViz released it in 2006.

The package was later discontinued when Autodesk acquired the developer... :P

djwaterman
09-02-2013, 08:44 AM
I never saw the second two LOR movies, but that certainly looks better than the character in the first one. At least to my eyes it does.

Buddy.Hannon
09-02-2013, 09:17 AM
That is so very cool!
Thanks for sharing!

3djock
09-02-2013, 09:50 AM
I wonder if we could get the same effect with Nevron, wouldn't that be nice.. Very cool just the same!!

prometheus
09-03-2013, 11:41 PM
I never saw the second two LOR movies, but that certainly looks better than the character in the first one. At least to my eyes it does.

Eh...why is that? wasnīt the first one what you expected? does it differs from the book to much or? I would say that you missed something if you didnīt see the following two Lotr movies...the third probably the best, I would
probably rate them as this according to my taste.
1. return of the king
2.the two towers
3. fellowship of the rings

This clip is quite funny if you watch it from the beginning of that scene, I do think that the performance was even better in the third (return of the king)
Havenīt seen the hobbit films yet though..should have seen them on the big screen perhaphs.

By the way..is that really Andy serkins there? it kind of looks like him, but also not.

prometheus
09-03-2013, 11:44 PM
I wonder if we could get the same effect with Nevron, wouldn't that be nice.. Very cool just the same!!

Maybe tools developed with leap motion in mind could capture better detail, as I think that will have much higher scanning resolution than kinect for instance.

prometheus
09-03-2013, 11:46 PM
and hereīs the end stuff in the movie...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_aziIIp8U8

DogBoy
09-04-2013, 12:23 AM

Well seeing as he can hardly see him (a backlit silhouette, a hand and the eyes are only shown as they hadn't finalised the design) i find that an odd opinion :hey:.

Prometheus: No that isn't Serkis, the voice track is, but the guy is just mouthing along. From seeing Nevron motion demoed, I don't think Kinect has the resolution either.

Says they guy who preferred the first movies Gollum design to all the other movies. It was creepier.

prometheus
09-04-2013, 12:41 AM
Prometheus: No that isn't Serkis, the voice track is, but the guy is just mouthing along.r.

Thatīs what I thought.

djwaterman
09-04-2013, 01:40 AM
I'm just saying that I think this guy's re-do looks more convincing to me than the original version. I find the face performance really convincing where as the movie version always looked animated. Of course skin texture and lighting was better in the movie versions and I never saw the later movies EDIT, yes I did go see the second one, I actually fell asleep through most of it but I did see that scene where he talks to himself, so I don't know if it got better in the third, I'm sure it did.

But this guy has done an incredible job basically on his own.

It's also his own performance. http://www.visserot.com/gollumpage.html

wrightyp100
09-04-2013, 01:43 AM
The Person in the video isn't Andy Serkis and neither is the voice track.

Really cool though.

DogBoy
09-04-2013, 03:21 AM
I'm just saying that I think this guy's re-do looks more convincing to me than the original version.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I just found it funny that you hadn't "officially" seen the original performances.

*Edit* Aaaah, you did see it. Cool.

erikals
09-04-2013, 04:32 AM
Maybe tools developed with leap motion in mind could capture better detail, as I think that will have much higher scanning resolution than kinect for instance.

nope, just checked, Leap has higher resolution than the Kinect, but lower than Carmine >
http://reconstructme.net/2013/03/14/reconstructme-1-2-using-carmine-1-09-high-detail

not sure how Kinect 2 compares...

spherical
09-04-2013, 05:58 PM
The package as later discontinued when Autodesk acquired the developer... :p

Typical for them. Big fish; little fish never to be seen again.