PDA

View Full Version : How to get hand to connect to model?

toon3d
08-29-2013, 09:19 PM
I've set weight maps for the hand and fingers. Reset the pivot, but the bones want move the model. The hand is parented to the wrist.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/lan73nb/hand-parent_zps5d4e84a8.jpg

toon3d
08-30-2013, 11:09 AM
The mesh works well with the bones it's just the hands I have problems with. I deleted the hand bones and recreated them and the hand bones don't move the mesh.

RebelHill
08-30-2013, 12:13 PM
You must either have them set to 0 strength, or the wrong weights, or somesuch... no other possible reason if the other bones in the same hierarchy are effecting the mesh.

toon3d
08-30-2013, 12:25 PM
I feel so foolish. Thanks Reb. Yeah, the strength were turned off on all of them.

RebelHill
08-30-2013, 12:39 PM
No worries... one question though...

Why do you have 2 logins here... toon3d and boobyman? any reason?

toon3d
08-30-2013, 02:50 PM
My older brother is The Boobs. We're working on a short He did the modeling and i'm "trying" to do the rig. Oh, **** IT! Who am I kidding? ... I have split personalities. Are you happy, now? Do you feel better about yourself, mate? You damn LIGHTWAVERS!!! This forum is going to burn TONIGHT!

Ryan Roye
08-30-2013, 03:53 PM
My older brother is The Boobs. We're working on a short He did the modeling and i'm "trying" to do the rig. Oh, **** IT! Who am I kidding? ... I have split personalities. Are you happy, now? Do you feel better about yourself, mate? You damn LIGHTWAVERS!!! This forum is going to burn TONIGHT!

We're all on the same team, no matter how much bickering and disagreement may go on here and there.

Another thing that will help get questions answered faster:

- Be descriptive and explicit. The more info we have, the less replies it will take to answer your questions. It is always a good idea to list the steps you've taken to achieve a given result. Pictures are nice, but you must pair them with details. From your original post in this thread, I don't really understand what you are asking for. Do you want the model to not deform as you edit your bones? Or do you want a way to deactivate deformations in some bones? I can't tell from what was said.

- Post a sample scene file with your rig (the model itself isn't needed, unless you're talking about a deforming issue). Sometimes, there are many factors at play for some problems that people run into.

RebelHill
08-30-2013, 06:35 PM
Aaaannnddd.... thats what u get for being curious.

Taxi for one.