PDA

View Full Version : 1st & 10

imryh
08-29-2013, 07:58 AM
We will be using a LiveText/All-Sport CG configuration to create and fill our score bug for the upcoming football season.
I am able to get the "down" and "yards to go" information from the All-Sport CG into LiveText, and combine them into one field.
However, the text appears as "1 & 10" instead of "1st & 10". Is there any automated way to add the "st", "nd", "rd" and "th" to the text field, to make it look more standardized?

Thanks.

Imry

m4a2000
08-30-2013, 09:09 AM
I know that the nice plug-in by Kris for LiveText defaults to "1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th" so I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and say there should be a script you can edit or make that will allow you to do that.

joseburgos
08-30-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) the text comes from the score board feed (All-Sport CG) so a "script" may not work. This means you need a middle-ware to add the extra characters and then feed it back to LiveText.

uivpc
08-30-2013, 02:29 PM
Our work around was to design the graphics labels so it displays as "Down 1 YTG 10". Not as nice as "1st & 10" but no one has complained.

imryh
08-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I asked Kris about this issue, and he believed that some sort of middleware would be needed to capture the data and then resend to LT. I was hoping someone would have an easier solution. I'm also wondering how other people are handling this.