PDA

View Full Version : Hypervoxels Button Gone

JohnMarchant
08-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Hi All,

Im sure ive come across this but some years ago.

I seem to have lost the Hypervoxels button, ive loaded the plugin and it says its there, but cannot find any mention of it in the Edit Menu function, so i cannot access Hypervoxels interface at all.

I thought i may have come across this problem before but it would have been a few years ago and cannot find it mentioned on the forums. I think it has to be a third party plugin interfering with it.

Any ideas anyone.

Ma3rk
08-28-2013, 09:49 AM
It's in there assuming your using 11.5 or above. You'll have to do a bit of Menu rebuilding though as they've changed quite a bit the past couple of versions. I'd suggest exporting favorite branches or Tabs first for reference then selecting the Default Menu in the Menu Editor drop down. You should now have all sorts of Groupings now that you probably weren't aware of before & Hypervoxels should be one of them.

A bit of a pain but not too bad once you get into the flow of it.

M.

JohnMarchant
08-28-2013, 11:02 AM
Im on 11.6. If i disable my third party plugins and rescan then use new configs its back.

I know its a third party plugin and im sure this problem happened a few years ago to some of us when we installed this particular plugin, but cant remember which one it was.

Ma3rk
08-28-2013, 11:54 AM
Just save out the branches of Tabs you've set up with your 3rd part stuff then import into the default setup. The problem occurs when you've "mixed" menus. Found out a lot of my familiar Key Shortcuts had been changed too. Not sure if everyone is aware that you can bring in multiple upper level tabs then drag/edit the older items into the new then delete what remains of the older Tab/branch. Of course, what you have selected in the menu determains what's getting exported & where somethings getting imported. One can get quite surgical if needed.

M.

JohnMarchant
08-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Hi, Yes i realize about the menus and tab and how to import and export. Its nothing to do with the menu's i think.

Take a look at the image,this is the edit menu page on left. Hypervoxels should be under effects i believe, but as you see it is not there. I have physically loaded the plugin and it says its loaded. But when i open the menu up it is nowhere to be seen. If i delete all configs and rescan without scanning my third party plugins, voila Hypervoxels returns.

I remember a similar thing a few years ago and it was a third party plugin that was not allowing hypervoxels to appear in the menu. Hypervoxels still works and is loaded correctly but just does not appear in the menu edit.

Ma3rk
08-29-2013, 01:41 AM
It should look more like this:

The FX Tools Tab:

M.

JohnMarchant
08-29-2013, 07:26 AM
Well i finally sorted it out. I separated my third party plugins by date and rescan each separate date from newest to oldest. It turns out it was one of possibly several plugins from before 2005. So i have most of my plugins working i now am going to nail it down to which exact plugin it is.

I really wish i could have found my original post about it as i found out exactly which one or ones it was.

At least its all up and running again. The plugins i cant use are no biggies but i want to nail it down to the exact one.

Thanks for the help Ma3rk.

prometheus
08-29-2013, 07:46 PM
For me it is as Ma3rk says, when configue the menu, it is located in commands/plugins and in the main window/fx tools/hypervoxels you can always search in the configure menu.

Heres a screenshot of some of the plugin paths.