PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Workflow-- any suggestions?

kjones9999
08-27-2013, 10:28 PM
Hi all--

We broadcast football games on friday nights. Here is my insane workflow on our tricaster studio:

1) Record the game in mpeg on tricaster
2) Stream the game live through tricaster
3) Once game is over I have 20 minutes to edit highlights and upload to local news channels (i do this on the tricaster using videoredo) The recording is usually 30+ gigs.
4) Then re-encode video (on tricaster) down to dvd specs (after adding titles) so I can then copy it off the tricaster and upload to youtube which takes no less than 12 hrs of upload time....

Any ideas? I was thinking of a way to do first half highlights at half time, but I cant stop the tricaster from streaming....I was also wondering if the tricaster studio could handle streaming, recording the stream and recording mpg at the same time... Any thoughts on how to make life easier?

Buddy.Hannon
08-29-2013, 08:21 AM
You could have a second computer and take an Aux output from the Tricaster (or split the program out with a VDA) and capture that feed on the second computer using say Adobe Premiere. There might be a hurdle on two, but this way, you would have time to edit the highlights during breaks. Then you can export it with whatever format the station needs and then export it as a h.264 for youtube upload.

I haven't done this, but it's what I would try. If it worked, it should save you time in the converting and uploading as well as give you a jump on editing the highlight reel.

41e
09-29-2013, 09:31 AM
Hey there. What model of Tricaster do you have?
The new upgrades to the 460 and 860 allow you to post directly to YouTube and FTP sites.
You can send selects to your stations and export to YouTube pretty quickly.

Best