PDA

View Full Version : Can't select points in any other mode than wireframe

Sebasvideo
08-27-2013, 05:32 PM
I'm curious about something, I'm watching Dan Ablan's video on Genoma from the 11.5 Up To Speed course, and he's on right view and textured wire, with the first layer selected and the second one as background, the first layer containing the Genoma rig. At one point he selects a few points from the tail of the rig by lassoing around them and then moves them.

Well, I can't do that, unless I switch to either Wireframe or Color Wireframe. At first I thought I had forgotten to deselect something, but I checked this several times, and it's not something I'm doing wrong. Unless I'm in either of those modes, lassoing doesn't select the points, so when pressing T and moving, I move the whole rig. What makes me curious is that Dan is in Textured Wire mode, and he's able to lasso and move just those points. The only difference is that he is on 11.5 and I'm on 11.6. Did that change in this version?

jasonwestmas
08-27-2013, 05:56 PM
what kind of video card are you using?

Sebasvideo
08-27-2013, 06:12 PM
eVGA GTX570 1.2 GB RAM

jasonwestmas
08-27-2013, 06:17 PM
well you should be able to select components and have them highlight in any draw mode. I take it you have the latest drivers for your card.

Also make sure you aren't using old config files.

Sebasvideo
08-27-2013, 06:19 PM
Yes, I think I updated all the drivers like 3 weeks ago. Regardless, this doesn't seem like a graphics card problem to me. Maybe a small bug in 11.6's latest beta?

jasonwestmas
08-27-2013, 06:23 PM
no, because it doesn't do that on my machine. Seems hardware specific or your configs are damaged.

Sebasvideo
08-27-2013, 06:39 PM
Well it wouldn't be the configs because today I uninstalled both 11.5 and the 11.6 July beta, cleaned every single Newtek folder and even cleaned the Windows registry, and then installed the August 11.6 beta, so the installation is clean as it can be. As for the hardware, usually graphics card problems produce visual errors, but this is a program functionality. For example, if I lassoed and I couldn't see the points selected, but then when pressing T and moving they would move independently, then I would think perhaps it's a graphics card issue. But the fact that when in Texture Wired mode I lasso and then move them but the whole rig moves along, that can't be graphics card related, it's not logical.

jasonwestmas
08-27-2013, 08:20 PM
NEVERMIND. It is a bug. sorry.

jasonwestmas
08-27-2013, 08:27 PM
The problem exists, when using lasso with smooth shade, texture and texture wire. But you can still select the vertexes and polys with LMB as usual. That's what I overlooked.