PDA

View Full Version : REPLACE object from scene

RAZ
11-13-2003, 04:35 AM
Please make it possible to replace an object in a scene with an object from another scene.....in other words a 'replace object from scene' rather than just 'load objects from scene'. At present you can replace an object with another object file but that wouldn't have any 'custom object plugins' or 'keyframes' etc.

The workflow would be such that I could set up a keyframed object in it's own scene together with custom plugin's etc and save it. I could then setup another scene full of null's with plugin's attached, perhaps linked to particles, and then replace those nulls and plugin references with object saved in another scene. Does that make sense?

At present loading objects from another scene with the same objectname as an object already present results in a clone. I'd like the object present to be replaced instead so that I don't have to trawl through thousands of particle links re-referencing. Another idea perhaps would be to allow access to plug-in's through the spreadsheet so I can change references on mass.

Thankyou for reading this and sharing any thoughts you may have on it's possibility.