PDA

View Full Version : XBOX Kinect is not working for me ??

H_Molla
08-26-2013, 09:07 AM
Hello,
I did install KinectSDK-v1.7 and even KinectSDK-v1.6 "after uninstalling" but it is not working ??
any idea ???
here is a screen shot of what is going on ??

Albertdup
08-26-2013, 11:10 AM
I had same problem when I tried it on a different machine. You have to clear all the config files. Go to c:\Users\youraacount\.Newtek it contains all the configs and your license files. Copy it to make a backup then delete it. Unfortunatly you will start with default settings so you will have to create your own menus etc again. Load license file etc. You will have to rename the kinect again as well. This worked for me.

H_Molla
08-26-2013, 11:33 AM
How I can check it is not a driver problem?
Anything to make sure it Is identified as a correct hardware or even test the color and depth

Sekhar
08-26-2013, 11:45 AM
How I can check it is not a driver problem?
Anything to make sure it Is identified as a correct hardware or even test the color and depth

Install the Kinect developer toolkit from Microsoft, it has apps that will let you test your Kinect.

Albertdup
08-26-2013, 12:15 PM
I had the exact problem white screen instead of the video preview etc. Just do as I suggested if it does not work copy back the folder you backed up and you are back where you started. You can download a demo of Scanect to test your Kinect if you cant get the sdk stuff working.

Greenlaw
08-26-2013, 12:25 PM
FYI, I had to install the Runtime version, not the SDK, to get Nevron's Kinect interface to work here. This was done after removing all Kinect related installs.

If all I ever used was Nevron Motion, this would be fine, but I have other Kinect-based tools that require the SDK version. After doing this, I installed the SDK to regain compatibility with iPi Mocap Studio and ReconstructMe. Now all Kinect tools I have installed are working correctly.

BTW, I'm using two Kinect for Windows, not XBox, but I think the above may apply to XBox Kinects too.

G.

LW_Will
08-26-2013, 10:41 PM
FYI, I had to install the Runtime version, not the SDK, to get Nevron's Kinect interface to work here. This was done after removing all Kinect related installs.

If all I ever used was Nevron Motion, this would be fine, but I have other Kinect-based tools that require the SDK version. After doing this, I installed the SDK to regain compatibility with iPi Mocap Studio and ReconstructMe. Now all Kinect tools I have installed are working correctly.

BTW, I'm using two Kinect for Windows, not XBox, but I think the above may apply to XBox Kinects too.

G.

I have Kinect for XBOX and yes, it does work.

Add the 1.7 driver and if it doesn't work, try turning the system on and off.

Keep at it. You'll get it.

H_Molla
08-28-2013, 07:29 AM
I did try to connect the Kinect camera to an XBOX console, i got a message that the Kinect need an update.
The problem i can't do it via my kid's one as they have j-Tag modification !! ( don't know what is that & i don't want to know )..
Any idea if this is possible to be done via PC ?? and can that be the reason for not working ??

H_Molla
09-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Finally it is working :-) the kinect i bought for Nevron was malfunctioned ,after replacing & re-installing everything as you said..it is perfect.
However i have a question if you don't mind to reply am not able to adjust the Camera options like the Nevron for kinect introduction video ( Brightness, saturation etc )?? it is not active even !!

H_Molla
09-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Working great now..
Thanks for you help guy's..