PDA

View Full Version : Transitions between stills, titles, or DDR?

Dittobox
08-23-2013, 11:30 AM
Is it possible to have a fade or other transition when moving from title to title, still to still, etc?

This is especially relevant with titles I think. I currently use titles to display text or bullet points on the right third of the screen. It looks nice, but when going to the next "point" or block of text it instantly appears on the screen and doesn't nicely transition or fade into each other. Is there any way to accomplish this? In the past I've used ProPresenter for full screen titles/graphics but I want to overlay the image and would prefer not to have to use keying to achieve the goal as we also use ProPresenter for full screen lyrics, video playing, etc.

Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to mention I have a TCXD300.

Buddy.Hannon
08-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Put your first Graphic in GFX 1, Put your second graphic in GFX 2, put your third graphic in GFX 1 and so on. Then just preform your fades between the two.
If using a virtual set, setup two virtual inputs with the same set and the same setting, so when you fade between the two nothing moves. Have the first set setup to have GFX1 in Input B, and in the second set have it setup where GFX2 in is Input B.

Dittobox
08-23-2013, 02:10 PM
Put your first Graphic in GFX 1, Put your second graphic in GFX 2, put your third graphic in GFX 1 and so on. Then just preform your fades between the two.
If using a virtual set, setup two virtual inputs with the same set and the same setting, so when you fade between the two nothing moves. Have the first set setup to have GFX1 in Input B, and in the second set have it setup where GFX2 in is Input B.

This certainly works. It seems a bit human-error-prone (especially with me!), if only because of the extra 4 or 5 button presses instead of just the 1.

SBowie
08-23-2013, 02:40 PM
It can be automated, slide-show style (with transitions) using Autoplay. Most of the TC manuals describe this exact thing in the Walkthrough section.