PDA

View Full Version : 3D Vision in build 2708?

vncnt
08-23-2013, 02:43 AM
Is the "3D Glasses" option for Stereo OpenGL already active in build 2708?

Tried it on my NVIDIA GTX690 / Asus120Hz 3D LCD with 3D Vision but it does not seem to be different from the "Anaglyph" option. Not in the OpenGL viewport and not in Image Viewer. The monitor does no attempt to swith to 3D vision mode at all.

lardbros
08-23-2013, 05:52 AM
I haven't tried this as I don't have a 3d Vision monitor... but I noticed that the settings are within the normal VPR settings window. (The small icon on the VPR viewport that have 3 horizontal lines on).
Go in there and then add a 3dvision view... VPR will pop up separately, and I presume this works with your glasses?

ecsegar
08-23-2013, 08:49 AM
I've added the 3d vision pro , viewer pops up, but does not activate nvidia vision, no stereo!

lardbros
08-23-2013, 08:56 AM
Oh... is stereo enabled on your camera? Are you also viewing from the camera point of view? Not sure if this makes any difference or not... just guessing what may be the issue!?

ecsegar
08-23-2013, 09:53 AM
that's all good, ... when I activate a stereo app, the display flashes several times. It seems LW isn't affecting the card at all. I have an older card , gtx260, that could be an issue.

lardbros
08-23-2013, 11:00 AM
Oh bugger... I'm sorry I can't help I'm afraid! Could be any number of things... has anyone got it working at all?

ecsegar
08-23-2013, 11:34 AM
Oh bugger... I'm sorry I can't help I'm afraid! Could be any number of things... has anyone got it working at all?

n/p thanks anyway ...... I'm curious about that too! They don't mention drivers, but I'll check for updates when I have the time.

vncnt
08-24-2013, 01:29 AM
that's all good, ... when I activate a stereo app, the display flashes several times. It seems LW isn't affecting the card at all. I have an older card , gtx260, that could be an issue.

The logic for the GTX260 that switches to stereo works the same way as for the GTX690 (I have both - in 2 separate win7/64 pc's).

I haven't tried this as I don't have a 3d Vision monitor... but I noticed that the settings are within the normal VPR settings window. (The small icon on the VPR viewport that have 3 horizontal lines on).
Go in there and then add a 3dvision view... VPR will pop up separately, and I presume this works with your glasses?

Nope. Still nothing.

When I force the screen to go into stereo-3D mode by starting NVIDIA 3D Vision Photo Viewer 1.2.1 the photo's in this program window are presented in stereo but the VPR window (on that same ASUS stereo-3D screen) remains 2D.

Another issue that pops up:
- On a 16:9 wide screen, the viewport is not exactly 16:9. Actually it's wider: it has borders left and right in the Backdrop Color.
- Now resize the VPR window to eliminate those borders.
- Instead of getting rid of the borders, new borders are created! In black.
- The only way to get rid of the VPR borders is to resize the Layout window until that viewport has no borders -> the VPR window will follow.
I'm not shure but it seems like a limitation for the programmer.
But if it's possible I'd like the 3D Vision Pro VPR window to contain the exact image that ends up into the render output.

I really like the extra viewport on my 2nd screen!!! (where is the LIKE button when you need one?)

However, this new feature could become even more awesome if it could do:
>> (stereo3D / 2D) OpenGL without wireframe and overlay (to hide rig elements)
>> ZOOM in/out with an option for "fit" and "1:1"
>> PAN up/down/left/right
>> accepts shortcuts for play/pause/begin/end and fullscreen+fit
>> pan/zoom mousecontrolled as in Fusion6

Please let me know if I can run more tests with 3D Vision in my configuration.

ecsegar
08-25-2013, 12:35 PM
Yes, this would be most usefull in opengl, lets hope it improves.

JamesCurtis
01-17-2014, 11:48 AM
Hasn't been any info here in a while. Anyone getting this to work properly? I just bought myself a new PC with dual NVidia GTX760 cards and 2 Asus VG248QE monitors to match. Really itching to use the system for 3D creation.