PDA

View Full Version : LW hangs - forces me to crash the hub

NinoK
08-22-2013, 09:28 AM
Ugh, we have 4 machines at work that all exhibit this in one form or another which is as of 11.5 & 11.6, LW and modeler will often hang, as in when you switch to a different program, and switch back it stalls for either a long period of time, or until i 'end task' on the Hub. While I work in it though it seems fine, it only stalls after it looses focus for a while. I also run 11.0.3 and it does not have this problem. 11.5 was a clean install on a new machine tuning win8 so it cant be other version's config files.

We don't use the windows firewall at all (it is off), although we do have AVG, however I have made a complete rule/exception to the entire newtek directory within AVG to not be scanned and it did not seem to make a difference.

I really do not want to run "-c" because most of my work is in motion graphics and I need to be able to go back and forth often w/o reloading the scene each time I update a model.

Any ideas?

2 machines are Win 8
2 are Win 7

spherical
08-22-2013, 04:58 PM
With the newer security measures of win7 and Win8, I run all of the LW applications as Administrator in the Compatibility tab of their respective Properties dialogs. May not be the root source of this problem but issues like these have that ring.

What video cards are you running? Could be an OGL issue.

XswampyX
08-22-2013, 05:34 PM
This may help -> http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?134705-Strange-Issue-affecting-communications-within-Lightwave

NinoK
08-23-2013, 06:14 PM
With the newer security measures of win7 and Win8, I run all of the LW applications as Administrator in the Compatibility tab of their respective Properties dialogs. May not be the root source of this problem but issues like these have that ring.

What video cards are you running? Could be an OGL issue.

It's a GTX 560. Thanks for the suggestion, will give it a go.

- - - Updated - - -

This may help -> http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?134705-Strange-Issue-affecting-communications-within-Lightwave

Thanks! Will check it out.

Edit. Saw that AVG post, unfortunately I am married to AVG through work here, so not able to bypass. Maybe the IT guy will let me disable it and run Avast.