PDA

View Full Version : Nevron Genoma preset rig: couple of questions

Spinland
08-22-2013, 07:12 AM
My first concern after watching Lino's video: characters with odd proportions. I do primarily toon characters, such as one with a long torso and very short (and bowed) legs, or one with shoulder joints that are widely separated compared to a normal human figure. In the video the imported mocap skeleton's legs were too long, but to adjust them down the whole mocap skeleton was resized using the root null. I'd need to be able to keep that skeleton larger and shrink just the leg bones--can that be done? If so, what is the procedure, do you select the imported mocap skeleton bones themselves and change the rest lengths?

My second question relates back to a question I asked a while back: editing the Genoma preset rig. I imagine I can add new subrigs without a problem (wings, tails, et cetera), and the mocap data will simply ignore those extra parts so that I can animate them by hand? How about deleting stuff from the preset rig? I use a lot of four-fingered "toon hands" in my characters, for example, so I'm going to want to be able to delete a finger from each hand of the preset rig--will that cause problems when I create rig in Layout?

Many thanks in advance!

lino.grandi
08-22-2013, 10:34 AM
My first concern after watching Lino's video: characters with odd proportions. I do primarily toon characters, such as one with a long torso and very short (and bowed) legs, or one with shoulder joints that are widely separated compared to a normal human figure. In the video the imported mocap skeleton's legs were too long, but to adjust them down the whole mocap skeleton was resized using the root null. I'd need to be able to keep that skeleton larger and shrink just the leg bones--can that be done? If so, what is the procedure, do you select the imported mocap skeleton bones themselves and change the rest lengths?

As long as the legs are proportioned, you shouldn't care so much about the rest.

Take a look at this 2 images:

I've resized the Spine of the source rig, and as you can see the Character is responding well.

The Spine/Chest proportions are not that important. Of course arms proportions can be very important in case you need to use the IK solver for the retargeting.

Normally the scale/translate channels of the bones in MotionCapture files are not animated (of course the Hips translation IS animated). So you can scale Spine bones and arms, and have them adapted to any character without altering the Motion Capture animation.

My second question relates back to a question I asked a while back: editing the Genoma preset rig. I imagine I can add new subrigs without a problem (wings, tails, et cetera), and the mocap data will simply ignore those extra parts so that I can animate them by hand? How about deleting stuff from the preset rig? I use a lot of four-fingered "toon hands" in my characters, for example, so I'm going to want to be able to delete a finger from each hand of the preset rig--will that cause problems when I create rig in Layout?

Many thanks in advance!

The Nevron Genoma Rig is a bit different than the others. At the moment you can't delete anything, or it will fail.

You can add SubRigs to the Hips, any Spine bone, any bone in the Head. You can't add anything to the legs or the arms. This rig has no connectors, because I wanted to keep it as simple as possible. You can simply weld the base of any subrig to the Orange Skelegons in the rig.

Please let me know any problem you may have!

Ambival
08-23-2013, 07:56 PM
A quick question. I downloaded the updated 11.6, the new updated Nevron plugin and have installed licenses for both. Everything seems to be registered correctly plug-in-wise, but when I go to the Genoma presents, I don't see the Nevron-specific one. I'm sure I'm missing something stupid, but could someone point me in the right direction?

Phil
08-23-2013, 08:45 PM
It sounds like you might need to follow the instructions to place the Genoma specific components into the relevant places in either the LW installation folder or your LW-related user folder. The locations for the user folders are also in the documentation/readme.

Ambival
08-23-2013, 08:47 PM
Thanks, Phil. I must've missed something in the docs. I'll check again.

Spinland
08-24-2013, 04:46 AM
Belated thanks for all the info, Lino! I've been busy on a couple of unrelated projects but looking forward to having time soon to try this out.