PDA

View Full Version : Genoma Preset in Aug 19 Release

tcoursey
08-20-2013, 08:07 AM
So i think I read somewhere there was a Genoma Preset in the new release....I installed and didn't find it. Had copied all of the Nevron directories over and rescanned plugins... no luck.

So it seems that the Genoma directory that comes in the Nevron zip needs to be put in the Genoma location. Copy the directory from the Nevron zip called Genoma into C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave11.6\support\genoma

Then it seems the Genoma Presets command will pull up the rigs and your new Nevron Genoma Rig will appear. Nice plug and play, but not so nice install (yet) hopefully this will change in the q4 full release.

Now going to see if I can get the Genoma Rig to work with NM for once!

tcoursey
08-20-2013, 08:41 AM
Here are the steps I've taken so far with incorrect results...

Open Model I want to animate in Modeler
Load Genoma Rig for Nevron Motion (Aug 19 build)
Adjust appropriatly (moving and rotating bones)
Save and send to layout
Convert Rig with Genoma plugin (Create Rig)
Load Items from Scene, selecting Kinect Skeleton (from Nevron content)
Enable, rename Kinect_A and get the skeleton moving around
The skeleton looks correct and begins following my motions.
I've tried Both mirror and no mirror in the kinect settings. (only dif I can see is that right arm is left when not correct etc)
Open Master Plugin Nevron Motion
Select Kinect Preset
Press Retarget
My model appears to follow the skeleton in some regards but the left limbs and right limbs are mis matched or something....

What orientation should my model and rig be in before retargeting? I have them facing -Z and standing in +y

Please help, it appears this still doesn't work for me!

- - - Updated - - -

PS: Lino and Dev's There is "one cyclic redundancy" in the rig. I don't think this is good...

Spinland
08-20-2013, 11:22 AM
I noticed there's a how-to video linked in the Nevron downloads area. I haven't watched it yet, but might it have some insight?

Here's the direct link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNIvEhf-jpY&feature=share&list=PLBscyc2_NuEBz2z2dw_miyl55bPhqfUZ_

tcoursey
08-20-2013, 03:09 PM
I noticed there's a how-to video linked in the Nevron downloads area. I haven't watched it yet, but might it have some insight?

Here's the direct link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNIvEhf-jpY&feature=share&list=PLBscyc2_NuEBz2z2dw_miyl55bPhqfUZ_

Nope, it does a great job showing all the switches and such how to see what your kinect sees. But nothing about kinect skeleton scene or how to begin retargeting.

I would have renamed this Kinect Hardware in LW or something. Nothing here about retargeting, motions or skeletons....still waiting :)

- - - Updated - - -

Don't get me wrong, I know where the retargeting is, how to click those buttons as well. But when I do all get's wonky no matter what I do. There is some secret sauce that apparently is not a one for all switch, or we'd already have that vid! Siggraph videos always had a special scene they opened up, never once did they on the fly set things up and quickly capture motions for retargeting...

Burchigb
08-20-2013, 05:22 PM
Just an FYI the new version of nervon motion
When I open the master plug in I keep crashing layout when click on NervonMotion retarget v1
Please advise

Burchigb
08-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Also when opening the Device manager I show that Kenect_A shows disconnected, rebooted machine twice and still does not clear out.
Also disconnected the Kinect and reattach with no joy

Sekhar
08-20-2013, 05:52 PM
Also when opening the Device manager I show that Kenect_A shows disconnected, rebooted machine twice and still does not clear out.
Also disconnected the Kinect and reattach with no joy

Did you click on the "Enable" column?

jasonwestmas
08-20-2013, 05:56 PM
that's something they added to the 11.6 release recently, not during siggraph.

Phil
08-20-2013, 08:21 PM
PS: Lino and Dev's There is "one cyclic redundancy" in the rig. I don't think this is good...

That's actually pretty common during the set-up phase for various rigging processes (Genoma and others), but it's a false error. Nothing to worry about.

tcoursey
08-21-2013, 10:10 AM
That's actually pretty common during the set-up phase for various rigging processes (Genoma and others), but it's a false error. Nothing to worry about.

Well according to Rebilhill it may be common but not necessary and fixable. In my programming days it's like having a loop that you can never get out of. It may not cause the program to crash but it would run slower. We don't need LW to run any slower than the one core we get to use already :)

I was just pointing it out in case they had overlooked it in the haste to get us new updates...

lino.grandi
08-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Well according to Rebilhill it may be common but not necessary and fixable.
In my programming days it's like having a loop that you can never get out of. It may not cause the program to crash but it would run slower. We don't need LW to run any slower than the one core we get to use already :)

I was just pointing it out in case they had overlooked it in the haste to get us new updates...

There are situations where you get dependency messages even if the setup is perfectly working. Creating a Genoma rig implies temporary "build" this kind of situations. When the Genoma Rigging process is completed, there's no trace of any dependency.

- - - Updated - - -

New NevronMotion video available:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhcU2V9H1UU

Be sure to watch it in HD! ;)

Burchigb
08-21-2013, 05:23 PM
I tried all methods and I am still crashing Lightwave when I go to the master plugins and click on NervonMotion retarget. The earlier version of light wave and NeronMotion did not have this issue.

rustyippolito
08-21-2013, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the Video Lino! The plugin works like a charm! We were able to EASILY integrate mixamo and iPi generated motions into our crowd pipeline now, using Nevron Motion presets to make it a mostly one click solution for getting mocap into our Lightwave setups. We love the actual rig itself. It is very simple and complete. One thing that would be handy (and I know we could set this up ourselves, but would be nice to have built into the rig), an easy slider setup to animate the hands/fingers as that information is mostly absent from mocap data a lot of times. Especially working with iPi. It would be great to see the next update of Nevron include dual Kinect support. It really inhibits the performance options using only one Kinect. Once Lightwave supports dual Kinects, the resulting pipelines for mocap-driven content could be very lucrative for Lightwave houses and freelance artists looking to add the functionality without much investment.

PS-quick tip... once you get a nice walk-cycle retargeted to your character, using the new spline animation tools make it super easy to walk your characters around your scene :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KSq1Se_DEg

Thanks to you and your whole team for this much needed asset to the Lightwave community.

lino.grandi
08-22-2013, 05:00 AM
I tried all methods and I am still crashing Lightwave when I go to the master plugins and click on NervonMotion retarget. The earlier version of light wave and NeronMotion did not have this issue.

Please provide information about your system (PC/Mac, 64/32)....the customer service (and us!) should be able to help you anyway.

Burchigb
08-23-2013, 05:16 PM
I have PC windows 8 x64
Crash report 64838 with pictures

I removed the newest version and replaced with the earlier version of 11.6 and the older rig somewhat works with Windows Kinect
Current Kinect drivers of 1.7