PDA

View Full Version : Spline Node examples not working on mac in 11.6

rdelissio
08-19-2013, 10:01 PM
Just downloaded the version released today and still can't get any of the example spline node scenes to work correctly. None of the bones want to follow the spline. They are all bunched up around the first bone in the chain. Tried everything I could think of. Maybe I'm missing something simple.

Sensei
08-19-2013, 11:13 PM
LW v11.6 is not finished, and is buggy.

bazsa73
08-20-2013, 02:10 AM
Just downloaded the version released today and still can't get any of the example spline node scenes to work correctly. None of the bones want to follow the spline. They are all bunched up around the first bone in the chain. Tried everything I could think of. Maybe I'm missing something simple.

Are you sure it was released today? Afaik LW11.6 is still in beta or what. The guys are working on it. I'm sure when it's done we will be notified.

jwiede
08-20-2013, 03:04 AM
Are you sure it was released today? Afaik LW11.6 is still in beta or what. The guys are working on it. I'm sure when it's done we will be notified.

Check your downloads area, there was an 11.6 pre-release update release dated Aug 19th. It's not the "Release", but a new revision was released (as in "released to customers").

Unfortunately, there aren't release notes about what's changed in 2706 and 2708. Now that there's a second 11.6 pre-release, they really need to fix that omission ASAP.

meshpig
08-20-2013, 04:00 AM
You mean the 11.6 "spline control" elevator tutorial for mac? Yeah the steps should be instances not objects. Just delete them and instance from the first step object.