PDA

View Full Version : Runtime error

calilifestyle
08-18-2013, 03:19 AM
Not sure if this has been brought up. i did a search but nothing really came up. I keep getting a crash when closing off lightwave 11.6. anyone know why. 116474

Waves of light
08-18-2013, 03:41 AM
Couldn't really find anything. Have you install a new graphics card, new piece of hardware? Update to the latest drivers and see if it still remains. Here's some I found on the forums:
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?36655-runtime-error-abnormal-prog-termination
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?121809-MS-Visual-C-Runtime-Error-with-Quicktime-Render

calilifestyle
08-18-2013, 01:30 PM
the only thing new on my system is Lightwave 11.6 , this happening on both my systems. I haven't had problem with 9.6 but that's why i'm tripping and i did search for runtime errors nothing came up. So i could put a screen capture but that not why i need to figure out.

My error and crash happens when i close lightwave . At lest that's what i'm thinking. I have't had much time to fiddle with 11.6.

also neither of those links solved any of the users problems .

Waves of light
08-18-2013, 01:40 PM
the only thing new on my system is Lightwave 11.6 , this happening on both my systems. I haven't had problem with 9.6 but that's why i'm tripping and i did search for runtime errors nothing came up. So i could put a screen capture but that not why i need to figure out.

My error and crash happens when i close lightwave . At lest that's what i'm thinking. I have't had much time to fiddle with 11.6.

also neither of those links solved any of the users problems .

Clean configs? Just guessing here I'm afraid.

Sekhar
08-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Not sure if this has been brought up. i did a search but nothing really came up. I keep getting a crash when closing off lightwave 11.6. anyone know why. 116474

You might want to check the event logs, you may get some useful diagnostics. You'll find the program if you type "logs" in the Start search.

calilifestyle
08-18-2013, 07:45 PM
Thanks i just can't see what's going on . I mean i just installed the program and i have nothing that the config files should be conflicting with. 116491

Here's what i've been getting . it might do something with java or python but i'm not loading any scripts.

Sensei
08-18-2013, 08:13 PM
LW v11.6 is not finished. It should not be used in production. It's serious error in nodes at least. Currently existing nodes using LWNodeInputFuncs and LWNodeOutputFuncs globals will cause it to crash sooner or later.
Random crash at quitting usually means that memory has been corrupted somewhere during application work.

calilifestyle
08-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Thanks Sensei

Kryslin
08-19-2013, 10:32 AM
I think there are some serious holes in the Spline Control, too. I'm getting the same crash, usually when dealing with the spline controller.
(At least I'm not causing it with lScript now...)