PDA

View Full Version : convert spline to polyline?

luka
11-12-2003, 08:11 PM
Hi All
I am in a bit of a bind but how do you convert from spline to a polygon?

I have a thousand >4 splines that are prohibiting me from exporting my file as a DXF. So is there a way to covert them to a polyline?

cheers:)

jin choung
11-12-2003, 08:18 PM
create a single point... make that single point a single point POLY.

then EXTRUDE that single point poly along the curve.

jin

luka
11-12-2003, 10:04 PM
Thanks Jin
a good idea but there are just to many splines to convert that way as my time has exploded now. I will just have to guess the curve when I export it or I could just use the kill poly function and join the dots in later.

cheers;)

jin choung
11-12-2003, 10:43 PM
actually,

if you just need to be able to see them in layout, you should be able to see them as PATHS in layout... no?

jin

Julian Johnson
11-13-2003, 01:52 AM
Maybe curve to polychain will do the trick?

http://www.terryf.dsl.pipex.com/htm/frameplugins.shtml

Julian

Wallace Neon
07-08-2004, 06:40 PM
What would be even better is if someone wrote a plugin to convert from Lw cardinal curve to .dxf spline which are supposedly very similar (or .ai bezier). This would open up a bunch of possibilities if one could send the original curves into programs like Autocad, Illustrator, Rhino, En Route, Model Mill etc. In fact, if someone is interested, I would be willing to pay (a reasonable amount anyway) for such a plug-in.
Any takers?

Greg

Lynx3d
07-09-2004, 08:10 AM
Well converting cardinal curves to bézier is easy...because they actually are generated with bézier splines, so it's almost trivial.

But without the source code of the exporter it's pretty hard to modify it ;)
Starting from scratch would be quite a bit of work.